Why become a member? ×

First gig with new band 'All The Queens Ravens' :) - Hootananny, Brixton 23 March

Clarky

[b] My first gig with new band!!!!!! Friday 23 March at Hootananny, Brixton[/b]

[b] [color=#000000]Link: [/color]http://www.hootanannybrixton.co.uk/london-live-music/[/b]

[b] [color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]MAROONTOWN + TREAD READY + ALL THE QUEENS RAVENS + GINGER BLUSH + BOOM MONK BEN[/font][/size][/color][/b]

[b] [color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9pm - 3am. [b]FREE[/b] b4 11pm, £3 after[/font][/size][/color][/b]
[color=#E7E7E7][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Superhoot presents MAROONTOWN, Brixton legends, high energy ska rap and dancehall 9 piece festival giants and world globetrotters + TREAD READY, the dirtiest dub-plate riddims of dancehall Jamaica, with the sweets and sugars of Motowns’ northern soul and reality fuelled hip hop fire + [b]ALL THE QUEENS RAVENS, flamboyant bi-lingual mix of nu folk and country, blues gospel and sultry flamenco. Fronted by two ladies with a devilish vocal chemistry and style that marries with driving strings[/b] + burlesque with GINGER BLUSH + BOOM MONK BEN, hip hop, 80s funk, dancehall and dubstep to house, funky, garage and drum and bass,[/font][/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#E7E7E7][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here's what they are like[/font][/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#E7E7E7][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5H25XPkjwk[/font][/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#E7E7E7][size=1]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]- and without bass [/font][/size][/color] [color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] ;)[/font][/size][/color][/size][/color][color=#E7E7E7][size=1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BIzJjnXTgo[/size][/color]

I think one of the reasons I got the gig was preparation and my OCD'ness - I went to see them live and then learned seven songs (they only play originals) for the audition. So I'm already most of the way to learning a 30-45 minute set :)

Edited by Clarky

Thanks gents, it was fantastic. Played really well in a 40 minute set. Great reception from a big crowd at the Hootananny and the rest of the band were really chuffed. Still buzzing! Good thing the adrenaline kicked in as I flew in to UK this morning from Brazil and am very jet-lagged B)

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1332699583' post='1591834']
They seemed very pleased - and especially chuffed that I managed the gig despite jetlag! Their FB page mentions the "excellent new bassist" B)
[/quote]
Well bloody done mate! That must have been really satisfying!