Why become a member? ×

I've joined the club.

Benplaysbass

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1331724091' post='1577649']
After a particularly boomy night I've just ordered one. You'd all better be right - that's nearly 5 curries !!
[/quote]

You'll get far less booming with a Gramma than you would after 5 curries... :D

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1331734216' post='1577936']
You'll get far less booming with a Gramma than you would after 5 curries... :D
[/quote]

Yeah true, but they are both sh!t hot! :P

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1331734356' post='1577942']
Been thinking of buying one of these for a while now - are they really worth having? I've not heard anything bad about them, just a bit cynical I suppose?
[/quote]

I really don't know what it was that possessed me to purchase one, it's certainly not something I'd have normally considered buying (or indeed buying into the concept of).
But, I did and I honestly wouldn't be without it now.

I've found they don't have a huge effect on concrete floors but the diference they make on a hollow stage is very pronounced.

So forgive my ignorance, I did have a look at the Auralex website, I have a MB 151P Traveler cab which has a slightly bigger footprint than the standard Gramma, I don't suppose that would be too much of a problem would it - the slight overhang? I don't want to go to the next size up as some of the venues we play are a bit tight for space.

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1331736470' post='1577987']
So forgive my ignorance, I did have a look at the Auralex website, I have a MB 151P Traveler cab which has a slightly bigger footprint than the standard Gramma, I don't suppose that would be too much of a problem would it - the slight overhang? I don't want to go to the next size up as some of the venues we play are a bit tight for space.
[/quote]

I went for the larger version (I didn't want anyone bumping into it and making it overbalance) but I don't see why the smaller one wouldn't work with an overhang.

There's probably a much more scientific way of explaining it but all the thing really does is to put a damper between the cabinet and the floor to limit vibrations from passing from one surface to the other.

There's probably a much more scientific way of explaining it but all the thing really does is to put a damper between the cabinet and the floor to limit vibrations from passing from one surface to the other.

MB1. B)
Its a Carpet?... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got to use it for the first time today in rehearsals. I am so pleased that I took on board everyones comments and went out and bought one.
We were playing in our singers kitchen with tiled floor and cellar underneath so always pretty boomy, slid the Gramma into place switched the amp on. Well I thought I had plugged into somebody elses amp, the sound was so tight with noe of the normal booming and vibrations I would normally hear. And both guitarists commented on how good it sounded.
Tomorrow night will be the big test as we are on a big old wooden stage, but so far I'm as happy as can be with it. Would certainly recommend.

I was quite cynical about them at first. We do quite a lot of gigs for motorcycle clubs in village halls and after a few consecutive weekends of fighting with EQ on a big old boomy wooden stage I decided to buy one and try it. All I can say is, I couldn't be without it now. It just makes your sound more consistent, you don't get to a gig, spot a big wooden stage and think "oh bo***cks, it's gonna be one of those nights"! Great piece of kit, well worth having IMHO.