Why become a member? ×

Tokai??? really???? I don't think so!!!!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Jazz-4-string-bass-guitar-/110839898589?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19ce92a1dd"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Jazz-4-string-bass-guitar-/110839898589?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19ce92a1dd[/url]

Listed as a 'Tokai' but seriously!!!! Its a 'Vintage' brand jazz with a badly sanded logo and dodgy 'Tokai' applied in its place!!

some poor sod will get duped if not careful!

[size=4]Do you think the eBay seller is aware as he or she says "I bought this bass and have not used it. I don't know a lot about it" ???[/size]

[size=4]I have reported stuff to eBay in the past about dodgy sellers & tosspots that dont pay up. It seems to be a waste of time as they never appear to chase anything up :angry: [/size]

[size=4]Lets hope there's no bids on it as I hate seeing people get ripped off.[/size]

[quote name='Ghost Rider' timestamp='1331560018' post='1574746']
[size=4]Do you think the eBay seller is aware as he or she says "I bought this bass and have not used it. I don't know a lot about it" ???[/size]
[/quote]

[size=4]They know alright. Just look at their past history of bought item, there's at least another 3 basses and a ton of assorted bass gear. It's just the standard get out of jail pish these shysters always write. [/size]
[size=4]I'm surprised the "[/size][size=3][size=4]working musician" mentioned in the ad wasn't his uncle[/size].[/size]

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331560959' post='1574771']
[size=4]They know alright. Just look at their past history of bought item, there's at least another 3 basses and a ton of assorted bass gear. It's just the standard get out of jail pish these shysters always write. [/size]
[size=4]I'm surprised the "[/size][size=3][size=4]working musician" mentioned in the ad wasn't his uncle[/size].[/size]
[/quote]

I did'nt look at the past history but yeah your right - I hope he gets crabs too! :D

[quote name='mojobass' timestamp='1331643272' post='1576372']
I msged him too to tell him what it was (wasn't) he said 'ive changed the listing to reflect this' oh well at least no-one on here will be getting ripped off!
[/quote]

Listing is unchanged.

[quote name='Mr H' timestamp='1331659542' post='1576778']
It's got Fender strings on it. If he'd had real balls he would have listed it as a Fender Jazz.

And still not significantly changed, though apparently three revisions have been made today.
[/quote]

:D

Yeah well now it has "a very high output with a lot of clarity and warmth"... not bad guesswork considering he hasn't used it and claims to not know a lot about it.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And don't forget that also whilst not knowing much about it he does know that 'It is certainly no cosseted bedroom bass - this has been a working musicians' instrument from new - it has been played, gigged, tweaked & upgraded (including a replacement neck with rosewood fingerboard) and has earned it's keep!'[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Can't believe you can actually see where the old logo was in the photo!![/font][/size]

Maybe he thought sticking a Tokai logo on it would arouse less suspicion than a Fender one...

The fact that he's been told on a number of occasions that it's not what he's claiming it to be surely removes any benefit of the doubt.

The irony is that it looks OK and if the seller wasn't so dishonest and greedy, he might have got a decent price anyway.

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1331671594' post='1577044']
Maybe he thought sticking a Tokai logo on it would arouse less suspicion than a Fender one...

The fact that he's been told on a number of occasions that it's not what he's claiming it to be surely removes any benefit of the doubt.

The irony is that it looks OK and if the seller wasn't so dishonest and greedy, he might have got a decent price anyway.
[/quote]
I think it looks dreadful. The blocks are obvious stickers, the neck pup pool sized cutout is retched, the headstock makes me ill. Could be that the guy doesn't know what he has. He has been told though and the listing is unchanged so I say feed him to the lions. Bar steward.

I hate these kind of ebayers........Ive almost been stung a few times with old vintage fender strat guitars usually Jap ones.......I do lots of research so Ive been able to root out the fakes but a lot of people will think things like this are genuine....it makes me sick.....Im glad theres others out that at least try and stop these thievies and liars.....Ive also reported it to ebay and message the seller

[quote name='Rod Zappa' timestamp='1331678950' post='1577217']
I hate these kind of ebayers........Ive almost been stung a few times with old vintage fender strat guitars usually Jap ones.......I do lots of research so Ive been able to root out the fakes but a lot of people will think things like this are genuine....it makes me sick.....Im glad theres others out that at least try and stop these thievies and liars.....Ive also reported it to ebay and message the seller
[/quote]I have sent yet another message to the guy and reported him also.....he knows it's a piece of sh*t alright!

Well hes taken Tokai out of the title and mentions that it may not be tokai ....so now it just says Jazz bass so I doubt anyone looking for a tokai will give it a 2nd look.....I very much doubt he will get anywhere near the £195 starting price now ...he claims he thinks its a tokai but I seriously doubt he really believes it...well done guys!