Why become a member? ×

Bloody Hell, this looks interesting! Line 6 StageScape

xilddx

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1331302785' post='1571064']
Any pro chooses to use that and I'll eat my hat.
[/quote]

I doubt Rush arena concerts are their target market. Even though Rush's mixing area at Wembley had about ten people with laptops when I saw them a few years ago on the R30 tour.

Also, remember when studios started getting computerised 20 years ago? Look at them now.

Edited by silddx

I like the look of it, and wonder if this is a bit like GarageBand for Sound engineering? At least you can get behind the "easy set up" and really tweak things. I will wait for the sound engineers to wonder where their expertise is going and when they'll get the next job.

Also have you see the new Mackie DL1608 which uses a iPad as the control surface?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1331304367' post='1571106']
Nice Idea...... but for two subs two mid/high and the desk you're looking at £6k........ you can buy some really nice PA kit for that sort of money.
[/quote]

But has anyone tried these yet? With the full on kit this does some bloody clever stuff. So can we assume that this isn't "some really nice PA kit for that sort of money"?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1331304839' post='1571121']
I'm awaiting one of these presently....... Never thought I'd buy a bit of Behringer kit in my life..... but I've played with this and it's gonna make it's mark in the industry I can tell ya now

[/quote]

+1000

Have spent a few hours with one of these and it's a very very good piece of equipment. There are only two other Behringer products I'd swear by (DEQ2496 & DCX2496) but this is going to change people's perception of them.

As someone who has spent years involved with PA kit I often struggle to comprehend how much money some people blow on gear then don't bother learning to use it right. For the £6k that the Line6 kit could cost you could have a monster sound system but at least this one seems to be making it easy for people to use it right which can only be a good thing. However I've personally enjoyed every minute of learning how to get it right the old fashioned way.

[i]"[color=#000000][font=Helvetica,]an integrated live sound solution that uses touchscreen-based visual mixing to explode the traditional mixer/outboard gear paradigm."[/font][/color]

"[color=#000000][font=Helvetica,]The clash between right-brain artistry and left-brain analytics often derails the creative flow. StageScape was designed to avoid the left-brain/right-brain duality by removing layers of non-creative tasks between you and your live mix."[/font][/color][/i]

Translation: a user friendly interface.

They'll get an award for high quality twaddle at this rate.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1331326182' post='1571589']
[i]"[color=#000000][font=Helvetica,]an integrated live sound solution that uses touchscreen-based visual mixing to explode the traditional mixer/outboard gear paradigm."[/font][/color]

"[color=#000000][font=Helvetica,]The clash between right-brain artistry and left-brain analytics often derails the creative flow. StageScape was designed to avoid the left-brain/right-brain duality by removing layers of non-creative tasks between you and your live mix."[/font][/color][/i]

Translation: a user friendly interface.

They'll get an award for high quality twaddle at this rate.
[/quote]

They write like this for the pod stuff too. It's quite amusing really :)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1331326182' post='1571589']

[/quote]

That sort of twaddle instantly turns me off of a product or service.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1331371697' post='1571925']
Well if you have the desk at one side of the hall and want to check the mix at the other side you can adjust without walking back and forward. .

Or no soundman you can have the desk on the stage for on the fly adjustments during the gig, out of peoples way and set it up FOH with little effort.
[/quote]

I know exactly what I'd be thinking whilst trying to tweak a 16 channel mixing desk on a 3" screen with sweaty fingers... :D