Why become a member? ×

What d'you reckon to this bass? Italia Modulo Tipo 1 Bass

Grand Wazoo

They look good from a distance and in the photos. However IME when you examine the close-up the fit and finish (certainly on the models I've looked at) isn't too great. Also once you look beyond the faux-retro bling you'll see that they've been thrown together from standard off the shelf parts. Being a brand associated with Trevor Wilkinson, the parts are decent quality, but IMO not always visually appropriate.

Compared with the other guitar manufacturers doing updates on retro styled instruments Italia are better than Eastwood, but a long way short of Hallmark.

Edited by BigRedX

Haven't seen one in the flesh but to me it looks like an interesting reinterpretation of a P.
I thought I liked everything about it but, having followed the link to DV24 I see that the body is covered in Tolex rather than painted, which I'm not so sure about and really would have to see.
Also I'm trying to see what the knobs look like. A bit lost in all the blue. My eyes aren't as good as the used to be but are they some variation on a chicken-head?
I have always fancied one of theItalia 'burst Riminis.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1330358315' post='1556153']

Has the quality declined then? That's a shame.
I haven't bought a Kinder Egg for years.
[/quote]

You used to get little kits inside the eggs. Often ones that did things when you pulled a lever. Nowadays you tend to get a 'collectable' ornament that does nothing but stand on a shelf.

Of course, I haven't bought a Kinder egg for many years but I have a Niece and Nephew who are quite taken with them. They probably cost about £1.50 now.

Not over-keen on the colour TBH and as others have said, the headstock...

Wasn't there a sparkly gold one for sale here a while back - or was it eBay??

As for Kinder eggs - didn't people buy these for the free plectrum holder??

Edited by TheGreek

• 3 years later...

I have an Italia Modulo Tipo 1 in gold tolex with black/white/Grey perloid back .. let me tell you the bass is Designed by Trev Wilkinson .. 4x Wilkinson lipstick Pups wired to act as a single pick up so i master Vol and tone Bridge is again Wilkinson but Italia Tuners and pots .. sounds awesome to be fair ok the looks not brilliant but the used prices are now in the region of £560 to £615 GBP or in USD $852 to $935 checked the prices 11/12/2015 pic is a stock one I'll have to get mine out to photograph but at present no time

[attachment=207093:italia_modulo_basssilver.jpg]

Edited by musicmutt_uk