Why become a member? ×

New bass ordered! (CIJ Fender '62 RI Jazz)

skej21

Just have to vent my excitement as the Missus is not interested at all! You can also feel free to not be interested lol.

After months of admiring and years of narrowing down what I like in a bass, I think I might have finally found THE bass for me... So I bought it last night!

2006/7 Non-Export CIJ Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass from John at Far East Guitars. The man clearly knows his stuff and after emailing to enquire of its availability at 2pm yesterday, it took less than a couple of hours to complete payment and have the bass posted this morning for arrival (before noon) on Monday morning.

I can't wait to get my hands on it! I can't remember ever being this excited about a new instrument :D I'm just chuffed that I've finally made a purchase based on research and trial & error, so hopefully my extensively informed decision will pay off and it'll be a keeper!

Edited by skej21

Well, the combination of my research and John's obvious experience in picking out great quality examples of Japanese Fenders has resulted in me being matched up with a truly perfect bass (for me!)

Couldn't be happier and would recommend John very highly to any other basschatter.

Off to play it... Again! Totalling about 20 hours of playing since it arrived on monday :D

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1330548978' post='1559340']

You actually play it?

Perhaps I should put the laptop down and have a go at that myself!

Just jealous :lol:
[/quote]

I practice 2 hours everyday except Thursday, without fail. However, new bass means intensive practice, just to get to know it :D

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1330549327' post='1559350']
I practice 2 hours everyday except Thursday, without fail. However, new bass means intensive practice, just to get to know it :D
[/quote]

I only do half an hour a day now. My days are a lot longer now I commute over an hour each way :(

It tends to be first thing in the morning (with headphones!) or last thing at night.

Good on you keeping a routine like that. I wish I was more dedicated!

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1330554110' post='1559482']
I found the 62 and the Geddy very different basses. What are your thoughts.
[/quote]

I would have to agree. My Geddy is the bass I learnt to play on, so it's my reference for feel, quality and sound. It's like my third arm and I know it inside out/ back to front.

However, I chose this because I wanted a jazz that I could fit with flats and had a rosewood fingerboard. I actively searched for jazz that I intended to contrast the Geddy (sound wise) and it certainly does that, whilst keeping the feel and quality of a Japanese Fender which I love because it's what I consider to be comfortable.

Truly awesome bass and it's a definate keeper.

Edited by skej21