Why become a member? ×

Where about are some good sites for bass pickups

tommorichards

+1 Wizard Pickups, Andy is pretty helpful if you talk to him about what you want. you can pretty much spec your own custom pickups for a few quid more than his off the shelf stuff (which is very reasonably priced). I've got custom wound '70s Jazz pickups and a set of off the shelf '84s, both are a vast improvement on the standard Fender pickups (including the deluxe MIA ones!)

Sorry about being a bit vague. Im more on about places like thomann that stock a range of pickups.

Ideally, im trying to find a set of pickups that are MM shaped, with no exposed polepieces. But in general, if im looking at some pickups, the only places i can think of are Ebay or thomann.

Thanks for the wizard suggestion though.

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1329856689' post='1548693']
I checked with wizard, and while they do have MM type, he said they dont do sabre ones. Looks like my search continues.
[/quote]
The Sabre pickups are a little bit smaller than the Stingray ones. They are seriously hard to come by too. I was looking for a replacement for one of mine for nearly a year before I got Andy to re-wind the existing one. Even Ernie Ball UK/US don't have them! Good luck with your search, but you might have to consider using the larger Stingray type ones or something else....