Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California PM5 Custom Shop

carlosfandango

Ok, up for sale is my Banana Yellow Sandberg California PM5.....light relic'd, Delano pups, Glock preamp, sounds and plays like a dream....love the sound, but can's adjust to the narrow string spacing (my streamer 5'ers are 19mm). Comes with almost new Elixirs and a gig bag. Asking £700 ONO.

Any takers?

Carl

ps will trade for warwick SSII or Fender Strat (yes, i know...a guitar!)

Edited by carlosfandango

hello

"What is different from the normal spec about it to make it custom shop?" ....the sticker on the head! :)

Not sure to be honest.....I guess the same difference as any customshop offering.....hand build, better attention to detail and so on. I had another four string "standard" PM and thia feels (and sounds) like a completely different instrument...it has a more solid feel to it...hard to explain how as it's a feel thing

Edited by carlosfandango

[quote name='Machines' post='171140' date='Apr 7 2008, 08:26 AM']Looks like a standard model with the relic option to me.[/quote]

Relic doesn't make it custom shop, it's a standard option.

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='171164' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:41 AM']Not sure to be honest.....I guess the same difference as any customshop offering.....hand build, better attention to detail and so on. I had another four string "standard" PM and thia feels (and sounds) like a completely different instrument...it has a more solid feel to it...hard to explain how as it's a feel thing[/quote]

I don't believe they have a custom shop, I think they are all built by the same people as I e-mailed them before, and their custom stuff is just the normal models changed a little bit.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='171246' date='Apr 7 2008, 11:09 AM']Relic doesn't make it custom shop, it's a standard option.

I don't believe they have a custom shop, I think they are all built by the same people as I e-mailed them before, and their custom stuff is just the normal models changed a little bit.[/quote]

well...the sticker on the head says something different.... :)

"custom shop instrument"

:huh:

They're all hand built by the husband and wife team and Sandberg...but i guess it's probably just been specifically ordered at some point!

In any case...

Does it have the switch to turn the MM pickup into a single coil for a rude jazz sound?

[quote name='bassjamm' post='172012' date='Apr 8 2008, 08:38 AM']They're all hand built by the husband and wife team and Sandberg...but i guess it's probably just been specifically ordered at some point!

In any case...

Does it have the switch to turn the MM pickup into a single coil for a rude jazz sound?[/quote]

Hi. Just got of the phone with Ms Sandberg who was busy making knodeln for the seven german dwarfs who build the basses using mode technology actually....saw, hammer....glue...(but not to much because it makes them sing about goblins and the build quality goes south).....hand built....bah!

Sorry, no swithc for a "rude" jazz sound....a raw a brutal MM sound is the only option I'm afraid.....

Edited by carlosfandango

[quote name='ped' post='172117' date='Apr 8 2008, 11:33 AM']Should be easy to make the MM pickup coil tappable.[/quote]

That's what i'm thinking!

I played a Sandbery rececntly with an MM pickup and that was tapable, so i guess it's just a matter of wiring it in...because those pickups have some super rude honkage!

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='174923' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:47 PM']I would be very interested if it were not for colour and relicing, I love sandberg basses and i'm sure this is as good as any i've played.

free sandberg love bump :)[/quote]

thx!
any takers?......it's a lovely bass and you won't regret it

cheers

c

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...