Why become a member? ×

Gear stolen in Bradford

perogato

If you live in or around Bradford,
please read and check if you see any of the items mentioned in the link pass by or recognize being offerd for sale:

http://www.krossbreed.be/gearlist.htm

I am not a member of Krossbreed, but play in another (well, THE other :P) band of
one of their guitar players.
If you can help out, much appreciated!

Sorry to hear about this. It must be the worst thing that can happen to a musician losing their fav gear especially guitar / bass which are sometimes irreplaceable.
That looks like some really good quality gear too.
How / where did it happen.
I'm guessing you didn't leave your gear in an unattended trailer for any length of time.

Really sorry and hope it turns up and the gits involved jailed for a very long time.

Dave

Apparently they did break the first rule: never leave your gear unattented.
But then again: would you expect that they would steal the whole trailer, with everything in it?

What are the chance that those low lives like metal? Maybe desperate fans?

I have seen a few cases of stolen instruments and the most sad thing about it is (apart from the fact that you have lost your fav gear)
that those thieves almost never can appreciate the value and/or quality of the gear.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1328542386' post='1528722']
Sorry to hear about this. It must be the worst thing that can happen to a musician losing their fav gear especially guitar / bass which are sometimes irreplaceable.
That looks like some really good quality gear too.
How / where did it happen.
I'm guessing you didn't leave your gear in an unattended trailer for any length of time.

Really sorry and hope it turns up and the gits involved jailed for a very long time.

Dave
[/quote]

They were doing a short tour (3 days) as support of Alestorm. Before they could start with their first gig at
Gasworks in Bradford, the trailer with all their gear in was stolen.

It is a tough school, the school of hard knocks :(

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1328612345' post='1529842']
That's a bit unfair Joe, as I have read of bands having their gear stolen all across the UK, London and Manchester are 2 places that spring to mind!
[/quote]

I am sure they won't blame Bradford. Such a thing can happen almost anywhere in Europe.

[quote name='perogato' timestamp='1328597189' post='1529599']
They were doing a short tour (3 days) as support of Alestorm. Before they could start with their first gig at
Gasworks in Bradford, the trailer with all their gear in was stolen.

It is a tough school, the school of hard knocks :(
[/quote]

Explains it - thought maybe leaving it stored at home type of thing on a regular basis. This was a chance opportunity by low life scum who would sell their own granny for a buck.
Still doesn't help and i'm really sorry for whats happened. You are right they won't appreciate the gear and what its sentimental value is.
They simply don't care.
Hope the gear is all located and we see a happy ending.

Insured by any chance ?

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1328614849' post='1529910']
I think they'll struggle to move on a lot of that stuff without raising some eyebrows.

Good luck with finding it. There's a "Stolen Gear" thread somewhere round BC (I think under Bass Guitars)
[/quote]

Cheers man, I will post it there (too)

@dmccombe7: no, as far as I know, nothing was insured ...

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing but with gear that expensive and rare it should have been insured.
I know it doesn't bring back the sentimental value but it helps replace useable gear in the short term.

Did the guys manage to complete the tour or did they have to call it a day. ?

PS mine aint insured either at moment but after reading this thread and feeling bad for the guys it will be when gigging starts again end of the month hopefully.

If nothing else it will open peoples eyes to a growing number of gear thefts across the UK
Definately a lesson for me to learn.

Good luck with the search.

All the best
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Man, that really sucks and I've never heard of so much gear with such high value all going missing at once :(

Really cool of whoever it was to lend them the gear they needed to finish their tour though! Goes to show there are some good eggs out there after all

I really hope everything is recovered in the same condition it was!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1328687679' post='1531032']

Really cool of whoever it was to lend them the gear they needed to finish their tour though! Goes to show there are some good eggs out there after all

[/quote]

Agree - good comment.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to point out I did around 20 gigs in Bradford last year and in some fairly dodgy pubs and never had my car touched. 2 weeks living in genteel Dorset and some lowlife has keyed it.

A band I'm auditioning for in Dorset next week had all their gear stolen from a van outside the guys house late last year.

and Bradford's a dive....?