Why become a member? ×

Practice Amps.

BILL POSTERS

Can somebody reccomend a practice amp that wont cost a fortune ?

I've been using my daughters Hartke Kickback 120, but its causing friction in the nest, partly cos its too loud and rumbles through the wooden floors, also cos its a bit on the large side to be left out.

With the exception of a home made one I had for years, ones I've had in the past have sounded rubbish, or just not lasted.

if its for home, laney or peavey 15w practice amps are fine but I hear the roland cube is good? Dont Eden do some pretty tasty practice amps?
[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/eden-nemesis-en-8-micro-practice-amp/29377?gclid=CIGknfjh8K0CFYsntAodrnf1uw"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/eden-nemesis-en-8-micro-practice-amp/29377?gclid=CIGknfjh8K0CFYsntAodrnf1uw[/url]

Three I`ve used that I liked are:

Marshall MB15 - 15 watts, two channels, modern (with compressor) classic (think valve-like, with gain)
Fender Rumble - really nice sound, only tried it though, no details on spec
Ampeg BA108 - 25 watts, classic Ampeg tones

I've just picked up a Roland Cube 20-xl. Its just for home use at low levels, or with headphones. I'm really impressed with it, and whilst it prpbably has a few too many effects that I'll use, it is quite nice having them there. Best overall feature for me was the tone versatility and the depth of sound at a low volume. Obviously tie will tell, but at the moment, I'd say check one out if you have the chance.

I picked up a Roland Bass Micro Cube RX a few months ago for use at home and got to say I love it.

Can play with or without headphones. It also has an input for use with MP3 player, etc. Different types of amp/speaker simulations. Drum machine. Effects such as delay, chorus, flange, reverb. Built in tuner.

Definitely one of my best purchases.

I use a little korg pxd4 the ability to shift the pitch of the aux in is a god send for the covers band I'm in as we play with a drop tuning and have a female singer so have shifted the key of a number of songs. It's a great little unit though, pretty cheap as well ... Sounds pretty good through a hifi also.