Why become a member? ×

Would you turn this down.

leschirons

[b]Having reached official "old age" now, I had considered giving up the rockier stuff and doing some country / blues stuff due to the fact my voice can't cope anymore and I find it hard work. However, I just had an offer to play with this guy. He's a completely mad AC/DC stalker, writes tribute songs to them, makes videos, records himself in his studio and plays all the instruments on the tracks. He's had a band in the past and now wants another. Apparently, one of his videos is on their official site!![/b]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDx1G5BQMgE[/media]

I'm old and in pain but this just looks too crazy to turn down. I just love a weirdo. He's got loads of stuff on You Tube.

Whadya reckon, go for it?

Edited by leschirons

Thanks guys. I think I will. I was sort of expecting a few replys about shattered spinal columns, deafness, having to buy light basses, learning to play a Tammy Wynette set and being in by 10.pm.

But, this guy is too crazy to ignore for me. Especially here as we're not exactly talking about the centre of the musical universe. I've met him before at the French guitar festival. He can actually do a pretty good Chet Atkins as well but AC/DC is his passion or rather, infatuation to the point of scary.

The Romford boy is actually quite a hard act to mimic as has been said before. CW has got to be one of the tightest and solid players ever. It all sounds simple until you need to play like he does.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1327230515' post='1507956']
[emoticon]slaps head with palm[/emoticon]

Sorry Keith. I had just recently woken up and not had my double espresso - am I excused? :blush:
[/quote]

Double espresso? blimey Paul you must be a real pro :lol: I stick to the woossie Senseo stuff. Mind you, I have had about six so far since getting up so you're excused.