Why become a member? ×

Beyonce Live rehearsal

Faithless

[b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFvt1sLpis"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFvt1sLpis[/url][/b]

Some wicked playing from the band... and it's all ladies in the house, mind you...

And check out that synth bass, the sound is just out of control..

enjoy,
Laimis

Absolutely f***ing awesome!

Thanks for that Laimis! I have a gig tonight, and this has made me desperate to get on that stage and rip it up!

I watched this band rehearsing at the BBC for the Live at the BBC gig a few years ago. They were superb! The drummer in the foreground with the long dark hair was soundchecking the kit and suddenly launched into a massive display of Bozzio-like madness, and promptly got told off by the BBC engineer on the desk saying there's no way I can get you a sound if you do that, rack tom 1 please. :lol:

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1327149764' post='1506991']
Aye, it's OK, but, I like the other version where they're dressed in swimming cozzies
[/quote]

can we get our eyes on that one, please? :)
It's good to hear you guys are diggin' it. I've just got myself some instrumental tracks from her Live performances, and those ladies are tearing it up.... wicked.

easy
L

Well, those gymnastics look a bit ridiculous, though the grooves were really tasty, and that Jazz sounded fabulous,

For those who were not touched by the band's playing - it's a little something Beyonce's drummer does after she finishes rehearsing with BC..... I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's just a proof, what kind of monsters sit behind all these RnB/pop stars.. Gospelchops allowed.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SZhyuB6xl8[/media]

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1327148735' post='1506963']
and promptly got told off by the BBC engineer on the desk saying there's no way I can get you a sound if you do that, rack tom 1 please. :lol:
[/quote]I know a few drummers who, had they been 'told off' by an engineer (BBC or not), would have presented said engineer with a nice bit of bling...in the shape of a snare drum necklace. :wacko:

EDIT: Thinking about it, I know a bass player who would be none too happy about either :huh:

Edited by SteveK

Divinity Roxx is no to be underestimated.........

Showoff? No.

Tasteful and musical? Yes.

She is a very clever woman, and is the MD for the whole shabang. She also works very closely with Beyonce in the studio I believe.

The wife is a big fan....... Honest! Seen Beyonce live and it was a great show.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1327168457' post='1507398']
Not in a position to post a vid right now, but Deja vu has to be the best Beyonce bassline!

When you see her live you realise that every single member of the band is an extremely talented musician.
[/quote]
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weFftGrtZ7w

[quote name='Noah Deere' timestamp='1327152690' post='1507051']
Here's the band playing at a gig while Beyonce is doing a costume change

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqaz1m3nkxs[/media]
[/quote]
2:10 - 3mins with the MJ is brill!
Then the tongue at the end....... :gas:

Edited by merello

Is it just me, or this [i]sort [/i]of music sounds so much better when performed Live rather than the 'studio' versions with programmed drums, effects, etc?
But then, I wonder why do most of artists stick with this 'synthetic' type of sound approach in studio applications - keeping in mind, that they certainly are in command of what's needed - the right money and right musicians to do the [i]real [/i]thing...

Any thoughts on this?

I was thinking of pop/RnB acts who uses real musicians in studio environment to cover most of the music (drums, guitars, keys,effects,etc) , and couldnt think of anyone else, but only D'Angelo... Any more?

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1327172600' post='1507471']
Is it just me, or this [i]sort [/i]of music sounds so much better when performed Live rather than the 'studio' versions with programmed drums, effects, etc?
But then, I wonder why do most of artists stick with this 'synthetic' type of sound approach in studio applications - keeping in mind, that they certainly are in command of what's needed - the right money and right musicians to do the [i]real [/i]thing...
[/quote]

I expect most people's answer on a site like this would be the same, but I think everything in pop music should be done like this. Live musicians is always where it's at. If you've got the money behind you like Beyonce has then it would be totally shameful to be singing live to tracks. There's no musical integrity to be had from it and your everyday Radio One listener has become totally numb to this fact.

They're much wiser to it in the U.S than they are to it here though. You just don't get the same level of importance placed on live musicians in the U.K anymore, and it's so very depressing, considering our popular musical heritage.

Edited by risingson