Why become a member? ×

FT: Shuker PJ5 - Gone to new home

obbm

After years of experimentation I've come to the conclusion that I have 4-string jazz neck sized hands and as the only covers that I play which require a Low D can be achieved with a Hipshot, I no longer have need for this superb 5-stringer.

It was originally specified and commissioned by Old Horse Murphy. The full details are of the build are [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9416"]in this thread[/url].

Last year I fitted a set of Nordstrands and new CTS pots which has bought it alive.

It's in tip-top condition and has been kept in it's gig bag, apart from a couple of hours playing, since I acquired it, consequently there are no additional marks or blemishes over and above those mentioned in OHM's original description.

Rather than try and sell it outright I am more interested in trading it with cash either way depending on what you have on offer.

Specifically I'm interested an older Fender Jazz or a Fender PJ with a Jazz neck. Try me.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326203481' post='1493713']
Hello Dave, what kind of value are you placing on it for trades?
[/quote]

It depends on what's on offer but £1100 is a good starting point. If theres something that really takes my fancy then it could come down a bit.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326204934' post='1493744']
Ok mate cheers. Haven't got anything close to that I'd be willing to trade, and haven't got the cash to make up for it either. And for that reason, I'm out! :P
[/quote]

Fair enough but what did you think it might be worth? You must have had some idea when you asked the question. It obviously is worth more than £100 and probably more than £600. It might even be worth the £1100 I suggested. Actually I don't know because there is no history of used Shuker values. With major brands there is a history and you can at least make track the values and depreciation. Supply and demand will eventually decide it's value.

Also it all depends on what's put up on offer. I might take a pair of cheaper basses, a really nice original MM Sterling would be good. Maybe a 100-watt Hiwatt head. I don't need it, maybe someone else does so it's up for grabs.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1326213297' post='1493911']
Sigh, one of my big regrets was letting this bass go....

Don't suppose a new Series 2009 Fender US Jazz would be of interest Dave? :)
[/quote]

Perhaps. What colour is it? Or you could just let me have the Precision back.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1326217011' post='1493985']
It's sunburst/rosewood Dave. The P Bass is a keeper I'm afraid :)
[/quote]

Nice looking Jazz but there's seems to be a bit of a difference in values.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1326209985' post='1493839']
Fair enough but what did you think it might be worth? You must have had some idea when you asked the question. It obviously is worth more than £100 and probably more than £600. It might even be worth the £1100 I suggested. Actually I don't know because there is no history of used Shuker values. With major brands there is a history and you can at least make track the values and depreciation. Supply and demand will eventually decide it's value.

Also it all depends on what's put up on offer. I might take a pair of cheaper basses, a really nice original MM Sterling would be good. Maybe a 100-watt Hiwatt head. I don't need it, maybe someone else does so it's up for grabs.
[/quote]

I really wasn't sure what it would be worth, having no idea of how much it cost to be built, etc. I picked up my Shuker Jazz here 2nd hand for just over £600, so if you was looking for somewhere within say another £250 on top of that, I could have tried to sort something out. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting a slightly hostile vibe from your reply, so I'm sorry if I offended you with my original question or response, or if I'm completely off the mark then I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Cheers

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326224274' post='1494127']
I really wasn't sure what it would be worth, having no idea of how much it cost to be built, etc. I picked up my Shuker Jazz here 2nd hand for just over £600, so if you was looking for somewhere within say another £250 on top of that, I could have tried to sort something out. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting a slightly hostile vibe from your reply, so I'm sorry if I offended you with my original question or response, or if I'm completely off the mark then I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Cheers
[/quote]

No offence intended James. I dislike open public bartering but it's my fault for not PMing you with a figure. Only OHM know what it cost and on top of that there was £230 for the Nordstrands. I think you're getting close to what would be acceptable if you wanted to buy it. If you are interested in haggling then please PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1327918887' post='1518598']
Don't fancy a Spector NS-2J-RA, do you? :lol:

Jon puts an incredible amount of work into his basses, and I'm sure this is as lovely a player as it is a looker.
[/quote]

Indeed it is. As for the Spector, thanks but no thanks.

• 1 month later...