Why become a member? ×

Buying from Thomann

bassist_lewis

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1325780420' post='1487580']
No as it's in within the EU, they probably won't price match though.
[/quote]

There's nothing on gutarguitar's website about price matching, unlike DV247 and RedDog, so I guess they're not obligated to. My concern was having to wait in for it but if I save £100+ then I'd be happy to just collect from the depot. cheers guys!!

Edited by bassist_lewis

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1325783682' post='1487659']
Buy from Thomann without worry, they're good.
[/quote]

Only heard good things about them.

Re GuitarGuitar - tried a price match in Glasgow, they weren't interested. Felt bad for the assistant as he did try but was overruled further up the food chain.

Edited by hairyhaw

GuitarGuitar in Newcastle wouldn't price match a simple Hiscox case that I wanted to buy WITH a £1000 bass. Soundslive Newcastle offered to sell me the same case, new from their depot, for £15.00 less and I WOULDN'T be buying a bass with it. I tried to discuss this with GuitarGuitar but they didn't understand. They lost a sale on the bass and the case for being difficult over £15.00.

They have a fantastic range but the prices are usually very high.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1325796027' post='1487996']
GuitarGuitar in Newcastle wouldn't price match a simple Hiscox case that I wanted to buy WITH a £1000 bass. Soundslive Newcastle offered to sell me the same case, new from their depot, for £15.00 less and I WOULDN'T be buying a bass with it. I tried to discuss this with GuitarGuitar but they didn't understand. They lost a sale on the bass and the case for being difficult over £15.00.

They have a fantastic range but the prices are usually very high.
[/quote]

I have to say Soundslive are pretty damn good to deal with too.

[quote name='hairyhaw' timestamp='1325799176' post='1488092']
I have to say Soundslive are pretty damn good to deal with too.
[/quote]

This.

I've found they take off 10% give or take. Just give them a tinkle and ask nicely. It's surprising what you can get away with. If you don't ask, you don't receive!

[quote name='lollington' timestamp='1325799477' post='1488105']
This.

I've found they take off 10% give or take. Just give them a tinkle and ask nicely. It's surprising what you can get away with. If you don't ask, you don't receive!
[/quote]

+1, its a recession, they will make a sale if they cut the price a little bit. Better than nothing!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1325799565' post='1488108']
+1, its a recession, they will make a sale if they cut the price a little bit. Better than nothing!
[/quote]

Unless it's a Fender.

The cost price of Fender products is insanely high. A mate bought a Fender Mustang I amp at cost from his work for £76... the shop were selling it for £89!

To compare, he was telling me that his shop were selling a Gibson SG for £999 and the cost price for him was £550!

[quote name='hairyhaw' timestamp='1325794102' post='1487945']
Only heard good things about them.

Re GuitarGuitar - tried a price match in Glasgow, they weren't interested. Felt bad for the assistant as he did try but was overruled further up the food chain.
[/quote]
I've personally had only good experiences with Thomann. But silddx may offer a different perspective:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139374&view=findpost&p=1258409"]http://basschat.co.u...dpost&p=1258409[/url]