Why become a member? ×

Gonna have a very happy little boy on Christmas morning...

Cyrene

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1324332777' post='1473226']
'twill end in tears, I'm afraid. He wanted a Jaguar XJ...
[/quote]

Actually, he recited his top three all-time-if-money-were-no-object xmas list on Saturday and one was a Fender Jaguar in Olympic white and the other was a Fender Jag bass. :)

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1324334709' post='1473253']
My dad bought me a classical guitar in 1978 as he thought electric ones were the devils work....

how right he was :lol:
[/quote]
My dad wouldn't buy me a guitar at all. He said music was a gift from God. Which was strange because he was an atheist - my dad that is, not God.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1324361793' post='1473349']
How much did that set you back? I want one of those so badly that I've hidden a black one behind a couple of Fenders in my local music shop, in the hope that nobody finds it and I can buy it after Christmas.
[/quote]

It was £166 after the instant rebate!
Most places (Soundslive, DV247, Dolphin etc.) have that deal.
The Jag is a short scale passive one with a J and P set up. There's a good review [url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2072"]here[/url] and those over at TB love them.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1324365018' post='1473354']
That is a really great present. Your son is very lucky indeed, in both getting such a present, and having a father like you.
[/quote]

ha! Cheers! :)
I do my best.
We don't have a great deal coming into the house and for years I got by on part-time jobs just so I could look after Joe when my wife went back to work. That was a lean time; but long walks and many, [b][i]many [/i][/b]hours playing with Hot Wheels and Lego seem to have paid off!
He's a great kid and already a very talented 6 string player.... now, only to make it clear that he doesn't set the rhythm....

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1324337099' post='1473278']
My dad wouldn't buy me a guitar at all. He said music was a gift from God. Which was strange because he was an atheist - my dad that is, not God.
[/quote]
Which means he didn't believe in music :lol:.