Why become a member? ×

which pickguard for the white MM SUB?

mcnach

as the subject says...

I just got this white MusicMan SUB, and as I had a few pickguards on various basses and lying around, I thought I'd overlay them on the white I have currently on, and see what they look like.

Which do you prefer?
I set the poll to allow multiple votes... in case you really like two of them and don't want to choose. :)

So, here is number 1, the original:

Number 2: white

Number 3: cream

Number 4: black

and last, 5: a blue mirror one (looks dirty because it still has the protective plastic on it)

Edited by mcnach

Yeah, I think the black one has "something". It seems more "balanced", and it doesn't make me want to lick it, which is a bonus. I mean, people already disrespect bass players enough, we don't need to get a reputation of guitar-licker weirdoes... B)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1324079574' post='1470782']
What would it be like with a white pup cover?
[/quote]

Aha! That's exactly what I was thinking earlier!

But I don't know where to stop, and it led me to a white-sprayed neck as a Larry Graham tribute... only thing is Larry can carry a bass like that and he looks cool as ****, but me... well, not so much :lol:

[quote name='Green Alsatian' timestamp='1324125844' post='1471044']
I thought the white looked ace in the other thread, but now I've seen the black one, I'm veering towards that, as it matches the headstock.
[/quote]

I can't decide.
The black one really seems like it belongs there, eh?
I'll probably switch between the two, depending on what I'm wearing and the colour of my handbag that evening :lol:

I voted for black. I fitted a black one to mine when i first got it, and then put a Jack Daniels logo on it (very R&R) now it has a tort one which I think is very classy. Having the choice to change is great and it's an easy job on the SUB.

[quote name='theplumber' timestamp='1324342112' post='1473323']
Er,I have a red one on my white Sub........
[/quote]

I have seen one with a tortoiseshell pickguard... really nice too. But a bit too "posh" for me :lol:
A red one could be cool. Pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...