Why become a member? ×

Mobile Site....

wateroftyne

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to stop going to the last unread post when tapping on the thread titles? This behaviour is inconsistent with the full site where clicking on the title takes you to the beginning of the thread. It's really annoying to have to scroll back to the top when I expected to get the start of the thread. The star/dot at the beginning of the thread title should perform this function, and a link referencing the last poster should take you to the end.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1332585383' post='1590257']
Would it be possible to stop going to the last unread post when tapping on the thread titles? This behaviour is inconsistent with the full site where clicking on the title takes you to the beginning of the thread. It's really annoying to have to scroll back to the top when I expected to get the start of the thread. The star/dot at the beginning of the thread title should perform this function, and a link referencing the last poster should take you to the end.
[/quote]

That's weird... I'm sure that's how it works on my phone!

I use the mobile version on iPhone/safari and have no trouble getting to last post - just select the circle dot thingy to the left of the thread. Works every time for me- that how I just arrived here

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1332608285' post='1590685']
On my iPhone, both on Safari and Opera, there's no way of going to the last post in the thread.

I have to use the full site and then revert back to the mobile site once I've navigated to the last page.
[/quote]

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1332618074' post='1590850'] I use the mobile version on iPhone/safari and have no trouble getting to last post - just select the circle dot thingy to the left of the thread. Works every time for me- that how I just arrived here [/quote]

Just tried that. My circle dot thingy takes me to the first post on the first page.

Well, actually, I've just tried another thread and it took me to what seems like a random post in the middle of the thread. Maybe the last post I read? Anyway, nothing I click on consistently takes me the last page or last post. Which is quite annoying when threads are longer than a couple of pages.

Big thumbs up that I can stay logged in my mobile and on my PC though, which is different on some other forums and a right royal pain in the bum for someone who uses both often.

Edited by bigjohn