Why become a member? ×

Where can you buy Bartolini pickups in the UK?

Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1320666937' post='1429534']
....Anybody know?
[/quote]
[url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/index.php?keywords=bartolini&pearlUser=pkddoevdv7asmlli7lpc2n74m4&p=shop&submit=+Search+"]http://www.allparts.uk.com/index.php?keywords=bartolini&pearlUser=pkddoevdv7asmlli7lpc2n74m4&p=shop&submit=+Search+[/url]

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1320707025' post='1430468']
Still, I would like a P/J set, and they don't seem to be anywhere (apart from on Bartolini's site).
[/quote]I have a PJ set (new and boxed) that were meant to go into a bass... but didn't! I'd sell those to fund a pair of Soapbars for my Bolin. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1320772344' post='1431233']
I have a PJ set (new and boxed) that were meant to go into a bass... but didn't! I'd sell those to fund a pair of Soapbars for my Bolin. :)
[/quote]

slightly off topic.... in a warwick whats the difference between (roughly) between the MEC's and the brats. Barts seem to be so so popular as an upgrade.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1320774388' post='1431277']
slightly off topic.... in a warwick whats the difference between (roughly) between the MEC's and the brats. Barts seem to be so so popular as an upgrade.
[/quote]From the off, I have to say that this is unscientific, subjective and anecdotal and just my humble opinion!

I used to have a fretless SSI that had MECs which I swapped out for EMGs... and couldn't tell a jot of difference (preamp remained original Warwick MEC)! I then (within a week) took out the EMGs and fitted Barts and I'd say that the Barts sounded 'darker' with a more pronounced low mid tone which certainly suited the Warwick BUT you'd have to take into account that I'd not changed strings (used the same set which had been on and off the bass at least 3 times and may well have mellowed in tone from when they were new with the MECs), however still taking into account that the strings could be a factor AND I'd not heard the MECs for a couple of weeks, I'd still say the Barts had more character (maybe something that some folks wouldn't want?).

If I don't flog these Barts they may well end up in my red SSI but I've not been fussed to go to the trouble yet, especially as I'll likely be selling the SSI at some point in the near future (I have another Streamer that I play more frequently).

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1320776496' post='1431312']
From the off, I have to say that this is unscientific, subjective and anecdotal and just my humble opinion!

I used to have a fretless SSI that had MECs which I swapped out for EMGs... and couldn't tell a jot of difference (preamp remained original Warwick MEC)! I then (within a week) took out the EMGs and fitted Barts and I'd say that the Barts sounded 'darker' with a more pronounced low mid tone which certainly suited the Warwick BUT you'd have to take into account that I'd not changed strings (used the same set which had been on and off the bass at least 3 times and may well have mellowed in tone from when they were new with the MECs), however still taking into account that the strings could be a factor AND I'd not heard the MECs for a couple of weeks, I'd still say the Barts had more character (maybe something that some folks wouldn't want?).

If I don't flog these Barts they may well end up in my red SSI but I've not been fussed to go to the trouble yet, especially as I'll likely be selling the SSI at some point in the near future (I have another Streamer that I play more frequently).
[/quote]
thanks warwickhunt! been playing with the idea of trying diff pups in my warwick, lot of options out there, nordies would be interesting

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1320781693' post='1431408']
yourchoiceguitar definately!

Adam is a great guy, and can get you any Barts you want!
[/quote]

ah, thanks. Here's the [url="http://site.yourchoiceguitar.co.uk/index.php?userID=1689&licenseKey=bb413589b204a57cac2ad3b963f8f762#"]link[/url] for anybody who needs it:

• 7 months later...

The Yourchoice guy is very disorganised and has some sort of problem with all his emails going straight to a spam filter or something like that. He emailed me back 3 and a half months after my first email and asked me if I still wanted the pickups I asked him for.