stef030

just catching up with some sky plus stuff,
watching beverly knight soul sessions
dam what a voice,always quite liked her but watching her live

wow,
great band as well,funky as hell,
just doin apperntly nuthin,awsome

oh and just from a visual point gee she is nice,

I caught that - great talent and her album a few years ago which she made in the states was excellent, 'Music City Soul' I think.

She played a corporate gig I was at in Portugal a few years ago. Bass and drums on MIDI, with live guitar, keys and 2 girls on BV IIRC. Fantsatic voice, very 'normal' - no diva bullshit, and actually got in amongst the crowd whilst singing at one stage - posed for pics with well oiled execs too. I won't divulge how much I am reliably informed she charged for about 75 minutes, but suffice to say - no wonder all the stand ups like a corporate gig!

I saw Beverley Knight and her band playing Glasgow a couple of years ago. It was a great gig. Lots of energy and superb musicianship all round. The only problem was two bloody women who were standing behind me and talking incessantly about bugger all in particular all through the gig. Why did they bother paying money to go to the gig? They could have sat at home with a box of maltesers and talked until their tongues were frayed at the edges.