Why become a member? ×

Attitude is important !!

Coilte

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1320447560' post='1427127']
do you have your own moat and drawbridge ? :)
[/quote]

No, as not all Castles have moats or drawbridges :)

And it's also my surname :) Unless this lad (who can't be far from my age) has an unfortunate surname!

EDIT: He is my age, 16 both of us born in '95

Edited by AttitudeCastle

If you put your self on YouTube, you have to expect to be kicked in the n*ts i guess!!
But then you need to be able to take the rough with the smooth.

Possibly he should have waited until he got the groove going a little more. At least he's got most of the notes right, probably a higher percentage than at one of my gigs TBH!! :)

Edited by Dave D

Well, this kid is clearly a f***ing knob. He's trying to play that bass like a drum, he hasn't got the first clue. And that stupid haircut. Jesus Christ.

This 'youtube generation' need to learn that no one gives a flying f*** about them. Just because they can mangle a song whilst the camera is rolling doesn't mean the world needs to see their efforts. This little turd would be better off just putting the bass down.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1320478194' post='1427306']
And that stupid haircut. Jesus Christ.

This 'youtube generation' need to learn that no one gives a flying f*** about them. Just because they can mangle a song whilst the camera is rolling doesn't mean the world needs to see their efforts.
[/quote]

thought i was reading the stone roses reforming thread again for a moment there :)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1320478194' post='1427306']
Well, this kid is clearly a f***ing knob. He's trying to play that bass like a drum, he hasn't got the first clue. And that stupid haircut. Jesus Christ.

This 'youtube generation' need to learn that no one gives a flying f*** about them. Just because they can mangle a song whilst the camera is rolling doesn't mean the world needs to see their efforts. This little turd would be better off just putting the bass down.
[/quote]

A little on the harsh side IMO. Firstly, a lot of kids his age wear their hair the same way. It is called "fashion". As for putting the bass down, I disagree. Better to keep playing, put down the [b]attitude[/b], listen to and take on board the playing advice being given. This should result in an improved bassist, both musically and in personality. :)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1320478194' post='1427306']This little turd would be better off just putting the bass down.
[/quote]
Not really...he'd just be better off turning the camera off and practice more.

This video kind of highlights my biggest problem with Youtube.....there is no sh*t filter. It's far to easy for anyone
to post a video of them playing or a 'lesson' or whatever that doesn't need to be seen because it's so bad.
What this kid and plenty of other Youtube players need is to get away from the safety of their computer and go and
get their arse kicked on the bandstand.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1320502670' post='1427628']
Not really...he'd just be better off turning the camera off and practice more.

This video kind of highlights my biggest problem with Youtube.....there is no sh*t filter. It's far to easy for anyone
to post a video of them playing or a 'lesson' or whatever that doesn't need to be seen because it's so bad.
What this kid and plenty of other Youtube players need is to get away from the safety of their computer and go and
[/quote]

That and there are far too many self taught people who've never had a lesson and think that all they have to do is copy what they hear. The problem is they may hear but they don't actually know what they are listening for.

Compound this with people who are quick to offer up their opinion. Which is fairly worthless and unconstructive in most cases.

Edited by TimR

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1320502670' post='1427628']
[/quote]

Well, he has certainly had his arse kicked...albiet not on the bandstand. :)

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1320505136' post='1427676']

Well, he has certainly had his arse kicked...albiet not on the bandstand. :)
[/quote]
But the problem is that from the safety of his bedroom he can,and has,developed an attitude where he can
start mouthing off to people and saying that he is actually dead good. You can't do this when you are on a
gig...I don't mean a gig with your mates for your mates-I mean a gig with players who have been around the
block who expect you to do the job and if you screw up badly you won't get called again. Believe me,your
attitude changes very quickly when you are having your arse kicked on stage.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1320505815' post='1427689']
But the problem is that from the safety of his bedroom he can,and has,developed an attitude where he can
start mouthing off to people and saying that he is actually dead good. You can't do this when you are on a
gig...I don't mean a gig with your mates for your mates-I mean a gig with players who have been around the
block who expect you to do the job and if you screw up badly you won't get called again. Believe me,your
attitude changes very quickly when you are having your arse kicked on stage.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree entirely. Though I doubt it, I do hope this episode will help to bring him down to earth, where in time, he can learn what is required to be a good all round bassist.