Why become a member? ×

New Rattlin Bone single out! 'Who do you love?'

Clarky

We have a new single coming on Wednesday 2nd November to mark 'Day of the Dead', called 'Who do you love?' Its much more bum-shaking and funky than our previous material and as soon as its available I will post a link here. For now, as a taster, here is the artwork

[attachment=92272:385487_10150354128923106_236361988105_8581661_1317421933_n.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Its out! If you click on the link to our website here there is a free player so you can take a listen. Its more funky than our usual stuff and has a really earth-shattering double bass sound, IMHO

[url="http://rattlinbone.com/2011/who-do-you-love-2/"]http://rattlinbone.com/2011/who-do-you-love-2/[/url]

Background: "Who Do You Love?" was originally written and recorded in 1956 by Bo Diddley. Rolling Stone magazine ranked the song as #132 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time on December 9, 2004. The song was given a Grammy Hall of Fame Award in 2010.

Anyone else care to take a listen and pass judgment, good or bad? We're proud of this one and just learned it's going to be played on Spanish national radio (their Radio 3) by DJ El Sotano - just wish UK national radio would give it a play too!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know the original at all but I liked this song Clarky and the recording sounds ace. Tight, punchy and everything sounding ace. Top job fella :)

If I am honest though, not so keen on the artwork because it looks too much like a heavy metal band and not what the actual band sounds like. I know you are going for that Zombie look but it was more metal than ghoulish. Still, the track is cracking.