Why become a member? ×

Behringer

vicar

don't forget to check out GLX pedals as well, they are budget versions of some of the boss units but in sturdy metal housings, they look and feel very well built, the couple I've played with sounded good as well - I have the bass eq pedal, good price compared to the Boss ones, and the rumours are that they are made in the same Chinese factory as the Boss pedals.

I have the Bass V-Amp Pro. I bought it as a cheap way to experiment a bit with some effects, though the effects are almost an afterthought, after it's pre-amp and amp modelling. It's been good though, it's very versatile and adds a lot to my rig. I am very pleased with it. If the tuner worked better with a low B string I would probably love it. Mind you, to really get full use out of it when setting up sounds, you really need to hook it up to a PC as there are things you can't get at otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Behringer GDI DI box is a great budget DI box. Although, the DI20 (dual di box) is crap - bought 2, one had to be scrapped as it starting humming really badly.

I had a behringer rack tuner which struggled to tune the low E on my bass. Now have korg tuner - way better.

Had behringer bass V-amp pro, was good but I got fed up with the sounds. Also had a behringer FCB1010 which was built like a tank and was brilliant.

Got a behringer mixer, but had to send off first one due to whole unit failing. Have a second one but built in Fx units are knackered.

Using a behringer headphone amp which is hissy and nasty.

It's hit and miss, but personally I now avoid most behringer stuff as you just end up wasting money. I'll stick with the DI boxes though for our guitarists but I'll stick with my MXR M80 for bass!

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1319058168' post='1409551']
It certainly appears that many of the Behringer pedals are cheaper versions of other companies pedals (not just Boss---there are MXR and Line6 ones too, and probably more I've forgotten).

Some of them are really great pedals, others are really terrible. Are there any in particular you are interested in?
[/quote]some years ago I bought a graphic EQ pedal from Behringer. Well : I won't do it again . Simply a box of cheapest crap ever. I also owned a pair of 6" studiomonitores from Behringer. With average use (1-2 hours a day , and not loud), they broke within a year. No more Behringer for me.

Yep, it is cheap stuff and its not as good as the top end stuff, but it is better than a lot of stuff that is a lot more expensive. I used to take out £3k worth of heavy weight mid-range gear and worry about pints falling near it etc. etc. Our function band PA is almost entirely Behringer now. I don't expect it to last 10 years, but it will cost less than £1k to replace the lot so I don't care. A 3000w Class D power amp for under £200 - whats not to like?

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1325609984' post='1485143']
...in your opinion...
[/quote]

Obviously. I don't speak for anyone else... :rolleyes:

Why do people only ever make comments like this if they disagree?

Edited by bartelby

I've got some love for Behringer....

I'm a Music teacher (no sniggering) and we've got three mutli function amps (you know, the ones with mic/jack/phono inputs blahblahblah) in the department. It's no surprise that they get battered to within an inch of their lives almost daily. Apart from the odd broken knob incident (?) they've been as good as gold.

I use the bass eq on my board and it does the job very nicely. And if a stagediver puts a Doc Marten through it, I expect I'll be able to pick another one up from Fleabay for a tenner, just like this one.

I've just ordered the synth pedal and the updated octave pedal (SO400) from Thomann for thirty-odd quid each....... I'll let you know how I get on

...I did, however, buy the multi-effect pedal which was Ebayed within an hour of purchase....

Picked up a 10-channel Eurodesk mixer for £90 in France which, as far as I know, still works. Have been using a DI100 DI box in various situations to reasonable effect. No complaints on either front from me...

[quote name='jim_bass' timestamp='1325331356' post='1482135']Using a behringer headphone amp which is hissy and nasty.[/quote]

Which one?

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1325710490' post='1486564']
I've just ordered the synth pedal and the updated octave pedal (SO400) from Thomann for thirty-odd quid each....... I'll let you know how I get on

...I did, however, buy the multi-effect pedal which was Ebayed within an hour of purchase....
[/quote]

...slightly less love for Behringer now as both pedals are now winging there way back from whence they came...
Synth pedal refused to track unless I hit the strings with a chair leg and the Octave pedal only gave a satisfactory note with everything wound up full.

Sigh.

i quite fancy a few maybe a chorus , overdrive and EQ i know theyre plastic but a guitar playing mate has a couple on his board and they sound ok as has been said not really meant to be stomped on too hard but if treated ok they should last and for they money even if they dont well hey ho they dont cost much most are about £15 - £30

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1325803381' post='1488181']
...slightly less love for Behringer now as both pedals are now winging there way back from whence they came...
Synth pedal refused to track unless I hit the strings with a chair leg and the Octave pedal only gave a satisfactory note with everything wound up full.

Sigh.
[/quote]

Regarding the synth, I take it you're using a passive bass? I haven't tried the synth myself but for what I read it needs a good amount of volume coming in to track well, so if you're not using a bass with a hot output you need a boost pedal before the synth...

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1325710490' post='1486564']
[/quote]

Do you mean the Behringer X V-amp?

I use one of them for the band I'm in. More than does the job, and doesn't sound cheap. I was going to 'upgrade' but then though 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' :)

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1325870188' post='1489191']
No, it was sort of chorus/delay hybrid. It didn't do either very well, I'm afraid...
[/quote]

That's a shame. The chorus and delays on mine are easily comparable - IMO - to our other guitarists for more expensive pedal. I'd assume they use the same circuits, so not sure why the pedals would sound pants? Could be wrong though, maybe they put more effort into the v-amps. Although TBF a lot of people think they're pants too :lol:

In my function band we have now removed the whole backline and use electronic drums to so that everything is DI'd into the desk (we have kick-ass full range JBL front of house cabs). So I've just bought a BDI21 and certainly practising at home it sounds pretty good to me. I'll let you know how it fairs at our next gig .....

Got a behringer MIC100 tube ultragain preamp for xmas. been feeding a Rode NT1000 and DI'd bass through it and theres a definite improvement in sound. just a warmer sound, nothing over the top just a very subtle tubey 'warmth' added to everything. definitely recommend.

and on a seperate note, ive been using a behringer c3 for about a year and its fantastic for £30. best budget mic ive ever used.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sussexbassman' timestamp='1325980187' post='1490778']
........ So I've just bought a BDI21 and certainly practising at home it sounds pretty good to me. I'll let you know how it fairs at our next gig .....
[/quote]

Used the Behringer BDI21 pedal for a couple of months now at gigs and I am very happy with it. Gives great 'punch' when playing plectrum style on the 80's new wave material!

Edited by sussexbassman

I've had a mostly positive experience with Behringer stuff over the years.

I used to gig a BX3000T 300W Ashdown ripoff head pretty frequently without any troubles. I really liked that amp actually.

I have the Guitar DI (GDI-21?) for home recording stuff, but I've kinda given up on that and just use the amp simulations in Garageband instead. No problems though, still going.

I used to have the BLE-100 (I think?) Boss Bass Limiter ripoff, both of them lasted about a year of pretty frequent use and eventually died on me. I replaced the last one with a GLX Bass Limiter, and it's been pretty great ever since.

I bought a tremolo and an octave pedal just for experimenting with... the octave pedal was a bit crap, but the tremolo did the job just fine. Both are still working after a couple of years, but they've never really had a hard life. I think I also had the Boss Bass Overdrive ripoff one as well at some stage when my Big Muff started acting up and I needed a backup pedal for playing live.

Overall though, I'd say to go with the GLX pedals, which are also known as Harley Benton pedals if you buy them from Thomann. Much the same deal (shameless Boss ripoffs), but in much more solid Boss-like metal boxes. I've got the Bass Limiter and a 7-band guitar EQ pedal (for tight control of mids) and they've both been pretty faultless for me.