Why become a member? ×

Traben Basses

SpitfireXXII

Yeah that's what i was thinking, i might have a punt on the chaos 4 or 5 some time... looks like it could have some real growl with those dual MM buckers, though the lack of active circuitry on that one is a bit disappointing.

EDIT: that chaos 4 does have active circuitry, but GAK have put it in the passive section :) (not the first time), sounds like a good deal for £170

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='244618' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:41 PM']Just noticed GAK.co.uk are stocking traben as well now, must have been within the last couple of days, awesome.

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77175"]Traben bootzilla[/url] on GAK, enjoy :huh:[/quote]

I paid 800 U.S. Dollars plus 100 U.S.D Shipping to the U.K. for a brand new Bootzilla

Looks like it would have been a bargain if it had arrived :)

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='budget bassist' post='244657' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:21 PM']Yeah that's what i was thinking, i might have a punt on the chaos 4 or 5 some time... looks like it could have some real growl with those dual MM buckers, though the lack of active circuitry on that one is a bit disappointing.

EDIT: that chaos 4 does have active circuitry, but GAK have put it in the passive section :huh: (not the first time), sounds like a good deal for £170[/quote]

Yeah, the core version has a differnet body wood, and an aguilar obp-3. That's the ticket :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That Chaos looks like a serious amount of bass for the money and the only one with a normal looking bridge (sorry, I don't like those garish, showy types). Can anyone tell me what the 4 string is like (width at nut/heel, string spacing at bridge, neck profile etc.)?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone say how the tone compares to other basses? I'm in the market for a new bass (for metal) and want something with a fairly thick, scary low end (as opposed to too punchy a sound).

I've literally just discovered a place near me stocks Trabens and so this could be an option.

[quote name='Eight' post='442379' date='Mar 23 2009, 01:07 PM']Can anyone say how the tone compares to other basses? I'm in the market for a new bass (for metal) and want something with a fairly thick, scary low end (as opposed to too punchy a sound).[/quote]
I tried one for the first time last week at PMT in Oxford. I worked through about 15 basses (I was mainly look at whether I could find anything half-decent and cheap) but was intrigued enough by the Traben Neo they had in to give it a quick spin. My impression was that the tone was clear and bright, the bass felt responsive and the sustain was good. It wasn't quite what I was looking for but I think they are definitely worth trying if you have a supplier near you (although I didn't really get a "thick, scary low-end" vibe off the instrument.

Wulf

• 1 year later...