Why become a member? ×

Celinder Update P4 £1900

igto

I'm selling a Celinder Update P4. The bass has a Danish Ash body with a maple fingerboard. Celinder pickup and Greengrove preamp. This beautiful bass is less than a year old and is in excellent condition. There are no dings, dents or scratches of any kind. What appears to be a scratch in the photo of the back is just an anomaly. It's NOT a scratch. The color is Trans Burgundy. The pictures dont really do the bass justice. It's more of a natural trans burgundy than the pictures show. I think the pictures make the bass look more "creamy" than it actually is.

The bass plays and sounds amazing! If you want a 70's style P-bass with some modern refinements, this is your bass.
Considering the quality and how hard it is to get a hold of this bass, the asking price is a modest 1900 pounds.
Feel free to ask any questions, to come and check out the bass in London N6 Highgate area.

Edited by igto

[quote name='Machines' post='160391' date='Mar 19 2008, 07:18 PM']There must be something about Celinders i'm not aware of - they do seem VERY expensive to me.. but they do seem to sell.[/quote]

Hi Machines,
That was exactly my first reaction about Celinder - VERY expensive; but then I played one, and everything became clearer. This is a guitar one would take to a desert island, if one had to choose just one bass out of many (and assuming there was an electricity outlet on that island)...

But seriously, this is a professional grade bass, from the external presentation, which exudes quality, to the powerful, clear and amazingly sustained sound it produces. Maybe my asking price seems high, but: a) it is well worth it and :) it is lower than to order a new one (not to mention the time factor, which is quite meaningful with Celinder basses).

So don't miss this opportunity to own a Celinder.

[quote name='Toasted' post='160734' date='Mar 20 2008, 11:54 AM']There's also a brand new Celinder P at The Bass Gallery that those looking for a more vintage vibe might like, it's 3TS and setup for flats.[/quote]

Not any more there isn't :)

Have a bump for a cracking bass!!

Steve

[quote name='Toasted' post='164767' date='Mar 27 2008, 08:35 PM']Steve, did you pick up that Celinder P at the Gallery?[/quote]

Yes I got it today (or yesterday really as its now tomorrow). I had never played a Celinder before and was pretty blown away by it. Just took it to band rehearsal and it sounds huge.

Have you seen and played it? To my mind they are worth the money when I compare them to other basses I have played. I have changed the strings to roundwounds and adjusted the string height very slightly and it plays itself almost. Very impressed with the slim neck.

Steve

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='174167' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:43 PM']Not sure £1900 for a Precision copy could be described as a "bargain" but there you go.[/quote]

Bluntly, IMO it's not a bargain. It IS a good deal on a nearly-new and very very hard to find bass. These are back-ordered to 2010.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='174167' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:43 PM']Not sure £1900 for a Precision copy could be described as a "bargain" but there you go.

You a dealer by any chance? The only posts you've made are to sell stuff.[/quote]

The price is reasonable in my opinion. I have played many many Precisions including late 60's and pre CBS and the Celinder Precision bass that I have just bought (although the classic model and not the update for sale here) is as good as any I have played.

Also, in my opinion, and I know theres a lot who will disagree with me I couldn't care less if he is a dealer. I would rather see the stuff for sale here than not.

Just my opinion.

Steve