Why become a member? ×

Problems uploading images?

stephent

Hi

I am having problems uploading my images into the amps and cabs marketplace.

If I use the basic uploader method it seems to do sit around a while but nothing happens.

If I use the flash app it gets to about 2mb and then comes up with 'error in IO' or similar.

I have done it before (before the facelift) on the site from the same computer etc.

Has anything changed - anybody any ideas to help?

Thanks

[quote name='stephent' timestamp='1316761601' post='1382390']
Hi

If I use the basic uploader method it seems to do sit around a while but nothing happens.

If I use the flash app it gets to about 2mb and then comes up with 'error in IO' or similar.

I have done it before (before the facelift) on the site from the same computer etc.

Thanks
[/quote]
Similar problems for my 'Headless Bass' post. I also tried both upload types with the flash app. working but it would only allow 3 picks to upload. After 50 mins I had to give up. I've also noticed today that I had to edit my post as many words had been 'interupted' with other 'computer' speak terminology.

[quote name='stephent' timestamp='1316761601' post='1382390']
Hi

Thanks
[/quote]
Same for me,but in the Basses for sale section,
Ady

Yes I can't upload any images with either the basic uploader or flash 9 - on the flash 9 version I keep getting an error message about 'skipped content' the other says its uploaded but no image is present. Very frustrating! I'm having a lot of problems just backspacing and navigating around each area.

Maybe not actually a fix, but a workaround is to use another site to host the file.

I use Flickr for pics & just put the BBCode in here & it has no trouble with it.
A soundcloud link (or similar) could be used for audio files & Youchoob for videos.

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1317474125' post='1391081']
I have a weird problem with images, but only when i [i]cut and paste [/i]the code, for Photobucket etc ???. No idea if this is related. I have only seen one other bass c hatter mention it.
[/quote]
In what way?

Can you post an example?

Hi

I'm also struggling with uploading images, so have used photobucket, but I'm not doing that very well as you still have to cut and paste the url to view the images.
Need to get a grip on this stuff.
Do check out my lovely 'homemade' bass with Ryder neck in 'Bass guitars' Bass-reborn.

Good luck with sorting out these issues, it must have been a fair hefty task to revamp a site of this size and not have a few glitches.
Thanks for your efforts guys

• 2 weeks later...

just tried to upload pics in other gear for sale section ........ same as previous members........ both methods still not allowing straight forward pic loading......

thanks in anticipation........ i know you guys are beavering away back there!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 main ways to display an image/photo - which one are you having trouble with?

1. - Upload a file and attach it:

[attachment=91605:bass piece.JPG]

or

2. - Direct link - just click on 'image' (the little green screen on your posting toolbar) and paste the url from an account like photobucket:into it:

I've looked at all the forum settings again - they seem ok so I'm a bit stumped at this end?

Has anyone with problems tried logging out, clearing your cache and cookies and logging on and trying again?

Is it the same for all browsers?

[quote name='phil625sxc' timestamp='1319531066' post='1415136']
I'm still having this problem with firefox & explorer - when trying to upload pics I get an error message with "upload skipped" - I have cleard the cache and logged in again but the same thing is happening - any ideas ???

Thanks,

Phil
[/quote]

It sounds like you are using the flash uploader? -
Either try the standard uploader, or
Make sure you have the latest flash installed (delete your old flash & restart PC before installing new flash)
Or maybe try changing to the default IP Board skin (theme) and try uploading again

Please let me know if any of these suggestions work!

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1319558710' post='1415782']

It sounds like you are using the flash uploader? -
Either try the standard uploader, or
Make sure you have the latest flash installed (delete your old flash & restart PC before installing new flash)
Or maybe try changing to the default IP Board skin (theme) and try uploading again

Please let me know if any of these suggestions work!
[/quote]

I've tried using both uploaders, same problem with each - also updated my flash player but still the same...don't know what you mean by changing to the default IP Board skin - is that a setting on the site somewhere ?
thanks !