Why become a member? ×

White Matamp GT200 and 6x10 SOLD

Finbar

Alrighty, done a lot of soul searching over this one, but I really can't justify keeping it anymore. There's a reason you don't see these up for sale often - people want to hang onto them! Essentially, now that my band's split up, it's gathering dust and I really need the money that it has tied up in it :) With a Precision and new strings, it is absolutely the quintessential rock tone to me.

The GT200 is a 200w all valve head, hand built with point to point wiring and everything. It has 4 and 8 ohm taps. Speakon only. My GT200 is slightly different in that the external dimensions are smaller than a standard model. It's about an inch less wide and an inch less tall than a standard one I think. I just thought the stock one was massive when I tried it, and that's the size Jeff made it to for me. It has had a checkover at Matamp in the not too distant past and has a clean bill of health. PAT tested not too long ago either.

The 6x10 is 8 ohms, and I think the power handling is 2400W according to Jeff? Again, speakon only.

They're both finished in white basketweave tolex, and the head has black piping. I think it looks pretty righteous all together. They've both been gigged but looked after, and they're in good condition. The faceplate on the GT200 is one I asked for, and consequently has my name on it, but I'll refund the buyer the cost of getting Matamp to make them a new faceplate.

I'm not comfortable posting either of these (and at the very least, the cab will cost a small fortune to ship anyway), so collection only from Sheffield.

Also not looking to split, but I'm after £1300 for the head and the cab together. Includes a Roqsolid cover for the cab, and one for the head I got from Matamp which is a bit loose due to the aforementioned dimension changes, but does the job. If you want more photos, let me know.

Kettle lead and OBBM speakon lead included :)

Edited by Finbar

In all regards other than the cosmetics, it's a stock GT200.

Best shot I've got of the front plate (and the photo still isn't too great, sorry!) is this one. I can take more in a few days. I've got symbols rather than text, but like I said, you'll probably want to get a new front plate made to get rid of my name anyway :)

I am working sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (please add more Os) hard to resist this, guys

Please someone take it before I can't resist anymore (and get into trouble for the sum...)

Edited by tremblap