Why become a member? ×

ACG Recurve 4 = SOLD !!

eubassix

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1345700' date='Aug 19 2011, 06:06 PM']If that plays and sounds as good as my old one, then this will make somebody very happy.[/quote]
The ACG's feel and sound great, lovely basses, if I had any spare cash it would be mine but alas I don't at the mo!

This was my baby. I ordered it with Alan and I'm so happy to read all the positive comments about her. The quality, finish is fantastic. Alan is a true master and TBH I was a idiot to sell it on just because I 'didnt connect' with it. I really should have given it more time but when you're used to simple Fenders etc. a bass like this is a lot more 'pro' than a simple Luddite like me should own! I'd love to be in a position to buy this back because if I could she would be in my grubby hands right now. Buy it. You wont regret it.

[quote name='eubassix' post='1346910' date='Aug 21 2011, 09:00 AM']Thanks for the above (x4) +++ comments (and great to hear from the original owner!) - obviously effective, as now currently ON-HOLD !![/quote]

Bought and payed for, boys and girls. Bought and payed for.

I am expecting great things :)

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1347587' date='Aug 21 2011, 10:08 PM']I really hope you like it! :)[/quote]

I do. I'm just working through it at the moment.

Soundwise, we're in Active Jazz territory with potential Warwick leanings. I thought the neck pup postion would make it tight for slapping, but no. It's fine. Slaps like a demon.

It needs the nut swapping out 'cos the G's bottoming out on the first fret when popping, and it's one of the few basses I've had that doesn't like DR's. I swear by DR Hi-beams and lo-riders, but this fella sings with Dean Markley Blue Steels. And Mr Shuker'll sort that nut out in no time (I might try a brass one).

It looks the business and the Recurve shape is funky (it's a shade bigger than an MM sterling). It's not light, but it's well balanced.

The build quality is excellent and the fret job is wonderfull (it takes a seriously low action if required).

We're off to a good start :)

Edited by desmondpot

[quote name='eubassix' post='1350012' date='Aug 24 2011, 10:28 AM']... really pleased to hear that, Trev ! Great to meet up with you in-person and hope the family enjoyed the day-out in Howarth. Sorry to hear about the minor nut problem - I'm not much a slapper/popper, so hadn't experienced that, but I'm sure Jon will sort it. Interesting reflection(s) on the strings (.. and the bass, overall).[/quote]

......yeah, I think I've actually had my first duff e-string from DR. I tried the same hi-beam set on my jazz and again, it sounded.....off. That's a first for DR (unlike Ernie Ball. At one point every other pack I was buying had a bum string).

Edited by desmondpot