Why become a member? ×

Spalt Maple 6 String. Glorious!

Shockwave

Hey guys,

Just got this bueat through, Its a Hudson PS6. Spalt Maple cap (Not veneer) On Mahagony and maple sandwich neckthru, Ebony fingerboard. I need to get it set up with my fave strings, Sounds great, A mix between a MM and a Active P.

Not bad for £200!

Anyway. i'll let the pics do the talking :)

[quote name='7string' post='152799' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:58 PM']What a great looking bass and even better when it's a bargain !!

Is this your first 6 string??[/quote]

My 5th :)

I have had a John Myung MK1, A Spector Legend 6, A Shine POS, I have had an unpaired 8 string Galveston.

It's nice to see someone making an affordable 6 string Curbow now that Cort stop at 5 and I'm not sure if the Tanglewood ones are still about ( or even got into production, I tried a prototype a while back).

I tried a fretless one a few weeks back and couldn't believe how light it was compared to my Cort. Very powerful EQ too.

Cheers
Alun

In fact I really fancy a passive six so may have to think about getting one of these and sticking a Q Tuner in it if you can get them that reasonably ( nothing wrong with the onboard EQ in all honesty, I just want to live a battery free life :) )

yeah yeah yeah, its beautiful, congratulations... so whats the catch?

does it look like it was made by a blind guy with no hands when you inspect it closely?

there's gotta be a catch.

read on another thread someone saying it has that 'cheapo' feeling and the pickup sounds awful...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='172080' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:37 AM']this now belongs to me :)[/quote]

sweet! i really like the looks of these... whats you're opinion on them? playability/build quality/pickups etc

i'm still toying with the idea of getting the 4 string fretless version...

looks, feels and plays like a boutique bass

pickup seems great, the preamp is one of the best iv tried, certainly the most responisve, such a vast array of sounds

its lighter than my fender 4 string!

the finish is just gorgoeus, pics don't do it justice. at the moment, this is my favourite bass to play, i havnt been able to put it down since getting it!

for £200, or even the £599 new, its an amazing bass