Why become a member? ×

Is anyone interested in going in with me on a pack of these?

Evil Undead

I'm wanting to get a couple of these picks shipped over from the USA. I've got a 3mm classic ([url="http://www.gravitypicks.com/product/classic-standard"]http://www.gravitypicks.com/product/classic-standard[/url]) which is excellent for bass.

If I only order two for myself, it will be over £6 per pick! So, I was thinking of bulk buying, if enough people on here are interested.

For the Gravity Classic, Striker, or Razer (3mm) the price would be £3.00 per pick. This includes shipping from the USA and import tax.

I also have one Wave pick in yellow that if anyone wants, they can have for £5 (cheaper than the price on the Gravity site) - who wants it? First come first served!!!

This is a (very close) approximate price until I know exactly how many I'm looking at ordering. I'll contact everyone interested before I place the order just to confirm the exact price and check all is grand.

Of course, I'd have to add on postage to cover my costs around the country to my fellow basschatters. This would be per order not per pick. If you would like 2nd class, it's 36p, 1st class is 46p, and if anyone wants recorded delivery it would be an extra 77p on top.

These are excellent quality picks, really well made and lovely to play with. Also give a nice full rich tone. This is for the Classic Standard size 3mm, in any colour listed on that link.

Let me know if you're interested! Please specify colours and pick shape :)

[b]I'm not affiliated in any way with the company!!![/b]

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1323087' date='Aug 1 2011, 01:58 PM']Only 2 more for a 12 pack!

Quite willing to order 2 or 3 x 12 packs if there's enough interest![/quote]

Oh go on then, ill take the last two as well unless anyone else wants one. Im happy to go with 3, Im always loosing picks.

Bloody hell, pick GAS is a new one on me.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1323149' date='Aug 1 2011, 02:52 PM']Great! I'll put you down for 3 Dave, unless you would prefer 4. I think I may get an extra myself as well, just cos :)

Mike, I'll put you down for 2-4 depending on other orders :)[/quote]

3 is fine mate.

[quote name='Ross' post='1323239' date='Aug 1 2011, 04:48 PM']Sorry to derail slightly, but why are these picks so desired by you that you'd go through all this effort? They're just bits of plastic surely or is there something I don't know?[/quote]

It 's a bit of fun for a few quid and who knows they may provide blistering tone.

[quote name='Ross' post='1323239' date='Aug 1 2011, 04:48 PM']Sorry to derail slightly, but why are these picks so desired by you that you'd go through all this effort? They're just bits of plastic surely or is there something I don't know?[/quote]

I think part of the reason is he collects them. He has a "picks wanted" thread as well that mentions he likes these little plastic slivers.

Me, god knows why. It could be because I like the look of small shiny objects.

These are the only neodymium picks on the market, and all the connections are 24-carat gold-plated.

Also, they come from California and have therefore been individually tested by at least three of the Beach Boys.

And Arnold Schwarzenegger.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1323245' date='Aug 1 2011, 04:55 PM']I think part of the reason is he collects them. He has a "picks wanted" thread as well that mentions he likes these little plastic slivers.

Me, god knows why. It could be because I like the look of small shiny objects.[/quote]

I also believe that he's actually a she...

[quote name='longtimefred' post='1323305' date='Aug 1 2011, 05:28 PM']i'll have a go!! put me down for a black one (black = best tone)
PM me with details

Any ideas if these last longer than dunlops as i go through them like they are made of cheese! if anyone knows then i may order more before the order goes in![/quote]

I've been using mine quite heavily for about a month now, and there's not a sniff of any wear on it yet!

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1323451' date='Aug 1 2011, 08:15 PM']Still taking orders!

Let me know how many and what colour.

I'll PM "orderers" just before placing the order to arrange payment, postal addresses etc.

I imagine I'll place the order on around 14th August to give folks plenty of time :)[/quote]

Count me in for one blue and one green. I've just bought a new batch of picks but I'll give these ones a shot and see what they're like. What sort of size are you ordering because I'd like the striker XL if there's a choice.

Edited by PURPOLARIS

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1323462' date='Aug 1 2011, 08:19 PM']Count me in for one blue and one green. I've just bought a new batch of picks but I'll give these ones a shot and see what they're like. What sort of size are you ordering because I'd like XL if there's a choice.[/quote]

It may be easier for him if I stick to one size and thickness, but I'll certainly ask :) can't guarantee though of course.