Why become a member? ×

Wal MK1 4 string fretted (NOLONGER AVAILABLE)

TheGreek

Recently bought this Wal Mk1 4 string fretted (W2267) - previously owned by Simon Clifton (0353203) and CD_David - thought this was going to be my dream bass but unfortunately the neck is just that little bit too fat to be ideal. Looking to trade initially - possibly for a Status Kingbass 4 or an Alembic SC (+ cash either way). May consider other stuff - WHY??

[size=4][b]Traded in August 2011[/b][/size]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='gary mac' post='1324268' date='Aug 2 2011, 02:09 PM']I'm all spent out but that is one lovely looking bass.

Good luck with your sale[/quote]

Its is a stunning looking bass with a holographic depth to the flaming. It also has one of the fullest Wal sounds I have come across, not just the usual lower mid poke but buckets of bottom end and highs.

The neck has quite a pronounced V shape but a wide flat board and to be honest I found it a dream to skip around on. Good luck with the swap/sale mate. :)

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='bassface2k10' post='1329160' date='Aug 5 2011, 07:41 PM']Trade my Sandberg JM4 and £20 Mick.

I can't believe you getting shot of this, is it to bail the mother land out...lol[/quote]

We both know that you'd never part with £20...

Still looking for possible trades - Kingbass, Alembic SC/Persuader, GB Goodfellow (Rumour prefered but would consider a Spitfire) boutique Jazzes - 4s only, just can't get on with 5ers..

I know there isn't a lot of cash about at the moment but a sale would be considered - make me a [u]reasonable[/u] offer..

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1335091' date='Aug 10 2011, 02:39 PM']Ed can make anything sound good but i love the fact that he demonstrates with both finger and pick most of the time. As a 99% pick player its not easy finding online videos of new gear played that way.[/quote]

If only you wanted a Big Al....