Why become a member? ×

Forthcoming visit to Jon Shuker's

Old Horse Murphy

oooh, i wouldnt mind some picture of my in progress bass (not sure how much is even done), last time i checked the neck was being worked on.

jet king shaped body with darkstars and blocked neck etc for anthony wright.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Ant' post='149999' date='Mar 2 2008, 08:24 PM']oooh, i wouldnt mind some picture of my in progress bass (not sure how much is even done), last time i checked the neck was being worked on.

jet king shaped body with darkstars and blocked neck etc for anthony wright.[/quote]

i bet thats gonna look great! what finish you going for?

Isn't it worth just writing into the BassChat rules that:
"If any member is to visit Jon Shuker's Workshop, he/she is obligated to take photo evidence of all builds currently undertaken by said Luthier"

Cos lets face it, the only work Jon gets is from this board! :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='162163' date='Mar 23 2008, 12:38 PM']Isn't it worth just writing into the BassChat rules that:
"If any member is to visit Jon Shuker's Workshop, he/she is obligated to take photo evidence of all builds currently undertaken by said Luthier"

Cos lets face it, the only work Jon gets is from this board! :)

Si[/quote]

LOL, I wouldn't say 'the only' necessarily. He gets a fair amount of repair work as well. But certainly a lot of commissions come from here and anyone offering good value, open mindedness to requests and attention to customer satisfaction probably deserves the same recognition.

BTW, if some shots are possible and if the wings have been cut, I'd appreciate some photos of my headless MIDI 6 string :huh:

Many apologies, but the arranged visit to Jon never happened, as I spent most of Thursday waiting for police, scenes of crime, the insurance company etc due to some piece of scum trying to break in during the early hours.

Fortunately, the security bolt and the dog frightened them away before they got in fully, but 2 houses down the road weren't so lucky. In a way I'm glad I didn't catch them as if I had, I'd probably be in custody as we speak.

There seems to be a run recently of burglars seeing a nice car on the drive and breaking in to steal the keys and take the car.

We were away this weekend and i managed to avoid my wife's question as to why I was bringing a Stingray and a Lakland JO with us. I think she would have been more p*ssed off if I asked her to sit in the back and put the basses in the passenger seat!!