Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

CPBass

[quote name='lowdown' post='149310' date='Mar 1 2008, 08:53 AM']How did it come across an ebony board..?
Just curious...
I thought Rays came with Maple or Rosewood Boards.

Garry[/quote]

Well spotted Gary.

She does indeed have a Rosewood board. Apologies for confusion. Initial posting ammended.

Iechyd Da

C

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='149317' date='Mar 1 2008, 08:29 AM']Well spotted Gary.

She does indeed have a Rosewood board. Apologies for confusion. Initial posting ammended.

Iechyd Da

C[/quote]
Hey C..
Sorry about that...
It was just that i did have a 80's Ray with a Ebony board.
The guy i got it from had a fretless ebony board put on..
Then he had it fretted..
Wish i could find out who has it now?
I loved that Bass...

Good luck with the trade. :)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='149341' date='Mar 1 2008, 10:43 AM']Hey C..
Sorry about that...
It was just that i did have a 80's Ray with a Ebony board.
The guy i got it from had a fretless ebony board put on..
Then he had it fretted..
Wish i could find out who has it now?
I loved that Bass...

Good luck with the trade. :)

Garry[/quote]

Many thanks kind sir

An ebony board would be lovely actually, I had the Masterman made with an ebony board and she is an amazing bass. Whatevers happening to Warwick prices at the moment I would never get rid of her, shes a babe.

Cheers

Col

[quote name='casapete' post='152613' date='Mar 6 2008, 07:24 PM']Dont get shut of the Ray - you'll regret it!!![/quote]

Shes fab....a real babe, but just aint for me.

As I mentioned in my first posting, she's too similar to my Fortress which I had custom made. The Warwick has won so the Ray needs a new home to be fully appreciated.

I love a bit of trading....no regrets

Cheers

C

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='153437' date='Mar 7 2008, 11:31 PM']I know of a $$ 4 string in black stain I could grab to trade with you if you're interested?[/quote]

Hi,

Which $$ are we talkin here? Corvette or Streamer, Possibly interested if its the Streamer.

Any pics?

Cheers

C

[quote name='TheGrimKid' post='154878' date='Mar 10 2008, 08:44 PM']I have a sweet Fender P-Bass
US Body, With a Mexican Neck (prefered that neck)
The Pick ups have been upgraded to Rio Grande's (Muy Grande)
and the Bridge has been upgraded to a Bad Ass 2 Bridge
The Bass is located in Canada but i am willing to work out a shipping deal.
If you are interested please email me at [email protected][/quote]

Thanks a lot but I'll pass on this one.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='175899' date='Apr 13 2008, 09:46 PM']I'm offering my Corvette $$ around on a couple of trades, too. It's on the for sale forum atm. Never had a MusicMan before... Interesting?[/quote]

Thanks for offering the Corvette, nice bass but I've already had some lovely offers which would take precedence over this one.

Kind regards

Col

Trade for a Cort Funk Machine II?
It's a killer bass with built in funk wah and slap depth switches.
It has two bartolini Mk 1 pups and bartolini preamp.
Really offers a wide range of tones, I can sit there for hours just discovering new sounds.
My reason for trading is just so I can try something new, i've had this bass about a year now.
May be able to put a little cash in with the bass.

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='180428' date='Apr 19 2008, 12:45 PM']Trade for a Cort Funk Machine II?
It's a killer bass with built in funk wah and slap depth switches.
It has two bartolini Mk 1 pups and bartolini preamp.
Really offers a wide range of tones, I can sit there for hours just discovering new sounds.
My reason for trading is just so I can try something new, i've had this bass about a year now.
May be able to put a little cash in with the bass.[/quote]

Many thanks for the offer Matt but Im trying to sell in order to get my hands on a Warwick thats available.
Ive never tried a Cort but good luck with the sale.

Cheers

Col

BUMP

just to highlight the rediculous price drop in basses, Warwicks are one of the BEST ive owned loads and so are Musicman so whay are they being treated like rejects? Its Boxxocks!!!

Whinge over lol

Sadly the law of supply and demand still holds.
Unlike Houses, probably best if you're a buyer than a seller at the mo (assuming you don't need a mortgage).
Having said that a nice Fretless MM got away from me on ebay last week and went for over £700 in the end (after I'd paid £600 for a near mint fretted MM on here in the same week) so..................

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='184903' date='Apr 24 2008, 10:52 PM']BUMP

just to highlight the rediculous price drop in basses, Warwicks are one of the BEST ive owned loads and so are Musicman so whay are they being treated like rejects? Its Boxxocks!!!

Whinge over lol[/quote]

Perhaps because £750 is quite expensive for a used 'ray at any time, let alone when people are getting a little careful with their cash? I've owned 5 and never paid more than £650 for any of them. This is probably because there's always a lot of them about for sale. Not saying they're not great basses - they most certainly are - they just depreciate in value very quickly compared to some other models.
Holding on to it is a good shout :)
Chris

Uncle Beedster is the voice of wisdom on these forums, I find him quite hypnotic!

I feel he could give me any sort of bad news, such as "The Titanic is Sinking" and I would say "Thank-you for the information....Is there anything available to eat? Presumably the buffet's a bit of a free-for all..."