Why become a member? ×

Bass nirvana achieved

waynepunkdude

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1275111' date='Jun 19 2011, 07:07 PM']Good aren't they?

I had an SVT II non pro, beast.

The drive knob is very useful.

I'd like one again but they are too heavy. Did you score the GK cab?[/quote]

I did indeed.

I think one of the outputs has a little problem, it cuts in and out I don't think it's major but I'm gonna take it to the tech tomorrow and leave it alone tonight to stop any damage :)

I had a taste of heaven...........

I'm in the process of buying an Orange Bass Terror for the smaller gigs, I think it's a ridiculous for pub gigs.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1275128' date='Jun 19 2011, 07:18 PM']I did indeed.

I think one of the outputs has a little problem, it cuts in and out I don't think it's major but I'm gonna take it to the tech tomorrow and leave it alone tonight to stop any damage :)

I had a taste of heaven...........

I'm in the process of buying an Orange Bass Terror for the smaller gigs, I think it's a ridiculous for pub gigs.[/quote]

Congrats on the SVT2 Wayne.

Re smaller gigs, as you like the Ampeg sound, unless you specifically want a different sound for the smaller gigs, may be worth checking out the Ampeg PF500 - currently £299 at Andertons. Really happy with mine, just used it for both gigging and recording in the last week, was great for both.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1275164' date='Jun 19 2011, 07:57 PM']Congrats on the SVT2 Wayne.

Re smaller gigs, as you like the Ampeg sound, unless you specifically want a different sound for the smaller gigs, may be worth checking out the Ampeg PF500 - currently £299 at Andertons. Really happy with mine, just used it for both gigging and recording in the last week, was great for both.[/quote]

I have heard really good things but I have so much Ampeg stuff it'd be nice to have a little variety (it is the spice of life).

£299 is ridiculous.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1275143' date='Jun 19 2011, 07:34 PM']It rarely happens, I remember the disappointment when I bought my Trace, it was utter rubbish.[/quote]
Horses for courses I suppose. Mr W
love and still do trace stuff. ampeg stayed in chez Witterth, for as long as the milk stayed fresh. eeww!
who knew eh?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1275138' date='Jun 19 2011, 08:26 PM']By not drinking or smoking.[/quote]

haha..that`s my secret as well :)

Congrats the SVT 2 has a great tone.my advice .don`t buy something smaller for club gigs..they want to hear it:)
I always take my 34kg SUNN..every ounce weight is worth the tone :)
Hope you get it serviced fast

[quote name='JTUK' post='1275654' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:44 AM']Wdude, if you want a guy to look at it..I have someone in Maidstone.

Very good and reasonable, but will not like the weight so you should probably have to run that by him and move it yourself...[/quote]

PM me the details please.