Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz sunburst

Jigster

After dithering, definitely selling this now. A firm £700 - [b]not desperate to sell so won't do silly prices[/b].

I'm mostly interested in a sale, but also any trades/part-ex for US G&L's (not Tributes), early Ibanez (ie. Roadster/Roadstar/Blazer type models), early Yamaha BBs, but also could be intrigued by the right 5 string, as I have a 5 string itch that keeps coming back.

Many have said on here, and I would concur, that the Roadworn models are close to the Fender custom basses, and the next best thing to splashing out on the huge prices the customs command. The MIM tag really is of little consequence as these play beautifully, with pick ups with great old school vibe, sweet fast neck and that love it or loathe it relic job.

The sunburst looks great actually.

Pics of bass here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/49793253@N07/sets/72157626547289972/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/49793253@N07/...57626547289972/[/url]

Cheers, Chris

Edited by Jigster

Not that I'm knocking this sale because I'm sure that it's a great bass but, to me, the Road Worn series is like buying a pair of jeans that already have rips in them. Personally I always find the thought of doing so a bit weird. O_o

I've played one of these basses and as the seller states, they are stunning. Fantastic basses and will be a true bargain for whoever gets it!

Good luck with the sale Jigster!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Macko1968' post='1199330' date='Apr 14 2011, 01:08 PM']My standard comment on Road Worns - the most impressive product from Fender since the original JV models.[/quote]

+1. I had one and other than the usual Fender issues that I don't get on with it was brilliant, not far off the originals.

Not that I'm knocking this sale because I'm sure that it's a great bass but, to me, the Road Worn series is like buying a pair of jeans that already have rips in them. Personally I always find the thought of doing so a bit weird. O_o

-------------------
This is the bit I meant was un neccesary

Have another bump for a trully wonderful jazz bass

[quote name='burray' post='1199323' date='Apr 14 2011, 12:56 PM']Not that I'm knocking this sale because I'm sure that it's a great bass but, to me, the Road Worn series is like buying a pair of jeans that already have rips in them. Personally I always find the thought of doing so a bit weird. O_o[/quote]Have no doubt..ive played many Fenders and these are very good basses.. im indifferent to the road worn smoke marketing... i wouldnt like it any less.. some MIM's are really good.. i really diggin it