Why become a member? ×

GONE: GB Spitfire 6

pantherairsoft

Hi guys,

I have been lucky to pick up a local hero endorsement from Roscoe basses, who's instruments I've been in love with since picking up my fretless Century some time ago. 90% off all music I play is on the fretless, even when I'd prefer to use a fretted bass... I just can't put the Roscoe down. This seems like just cause, and the right time to go for a Roscoe fretted bass.

Most people know what these sound like, GB Pre amp is amazing, around average weight for a 6 and is truly a testament to Bernie's craftsmanship. It's been played by a few Basschatters, all of which will vouch for how amazing it is. This is purely to satisfy my lust to be a Roscoe player through and through but due to the attachment you get to custom basses, this may still get pulled.

Spec...
6 String GB Spitfire
Ash body
Spalted Beech top with stunning 'autumn stain'
Matching front AND back headstock facings
Lightweight black and gold hardware (created from 2 full sets!)
Flamed maple neck with stained maple strips
Amazing Birdseye maple board
35"'scale, set up for 19mm spacing at bridge (adjustable from 16 − 21mm!!)
GB Metronome & Tuner electronics
GB Hardcase. Spotless condition. Born Jan 2011

Link to build diary - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87929"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87929[/url]

I'm asking £2200. Strictly collection in Nottingham, NO shipping under any circumstance. Given money is not always easy to come by at the moment however, I am willing to take payment in instalments for example over a couple of months if this makes things easier for folks…

Would also consider trades/part ex with Roscoe 6 stringers (maybe 4 and 5's). Not interested in other trades.

Pics -

Shep

Had a barrage of PM's this morning. Only after a sale now folks... (All PM's replied to as well)

P.S. Whilst I appreciate that people often say 'No offers' and then often do accept offers, the next PM reading "I'll offer £1000 cash for a quick sale", will be politely ignored!

Cheers

Shep

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1201868' date='Apr 16 2011, 03:13 PM']i have some goats for trade? there nice goats...[/quote]

[quote name='BigJim' post='1201881' date='Apr 16 2011, 03:33 PM']I'll offer a booze filled kidney and an eppendix![/quote]

Thanks guys...

I'll think about it :)

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1202765' date='Apr 17 2011, 05:34 PM']very nice.
Are you sure its worth getting rid off.
Hope the Roscoe's are worth it.

EP was impressive so good luck.
Liked the idea of 2 man band. First I've heard it done correctly.

Cheers
Dave
:)[/quote]

Thanks Dave, appreciate the kind words.

The Roscoes are something else (for me at least). I've not used anything but my Roscoe Fretless live really for 18 months and they have a feel that seems to just work for me.

I'm bound to regret selling... That's part of the fun of buying and selling gear though... And a great excuse to want another GB some years down the line! :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1202776' date='Apr 17 2011, 05:45 PM']Thanks Dave, appreciate the kind words.

The Roscoes are something else (for me at least). I've not used anything but my Roscoe Fretless live really for 18 months and they have a feel that seems to just work for me.

I'm bound to regret selling... That's part of the fun of buying and selling gear though... [b][u]And a great excuse to want another GB some years down the line! [/u]:)[/b][u][/u][/quote]

Sounds like a plan :)

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='slapierro' post='1204249' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:44 PM']yes,it's remind to me the Scott Surine's J-Bass model! :)[/quote]

I have to confess, I've never heard of Scott Surine! Lol... A quick google search shows I've been missing out! :)

Bump.