Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC jazz *NOW SOLD*

4 candles

[attachment=77428:sad2.jpg]
[attachment=77427:sad1.jpg]Hello folks,

Ive recently aquired this bass from Phil at the countries finest bass retail outlett, BassGear up north in a trade deal, Its an awesome example of a Sadowsky's work but after the recent purchase of 2 precision basses from fellow basschatters Alanbass and happy jack, I have been bitten by the P bass bug,(something I never thought would ever happen) the vintage sound and the rest is history. Perhaps Im getting old but im really diggin the more mellow tones these days!

On with the details

Custom build NYC Jazz bass build in the early/mid 90's. I am reliably informed that these basses were constructed from the highest grade woods to ensure they were lightweight without having to chamber the bodies to reduce the weight. This bass weighs 8lbs and is unbeleivably light and balanced.

Condition wise there are 3 dings in the translucent white body that I have noticed, none in a perticulary obvious place, there is however some lacquer hazing on the maple fretboard which I actuallly thought was a birds eye finish! these marks are purely cosmetic and in no way effect the playability of the bass. This slight defect is allowed in the pricing and I have tried to include a photo of the effected area. Colour wise is difficult to photo, looks better in the flesh. The photo in the case makes it look grey! Ive had many a complement on its looks though, even from the wife!

No VTC on this but there is an active/ passive switch. Ive owned 4 sadowskys now and really can't tell ehat the VTC does anyway! The VTC is cheap enough anyway and easy to install (so I am told)

Fitted with a clear plastic guard to reduce damageto the wood below from fellow poppers and slappers, which looks really cool but can be removed also for the clean look.

Comes complete with Sadowsky case. Fits like a glove (compared to the metro cases) and offers excellent protection and ultimate portability. Very lightweight!!

I have "borrowed" some photos from both Molan and Bass Gear, Im sure there will be no ill feeling but many thanks any way for the pics and sorry for not asking permission before hand.

Welcome to collect from Birmingham, Midlands.

Many thanks for looking, Ive brought and sold on here so can provide some references if required.

Regards

Mark

[attachment=77420:nyc_sad_2.jpg]

[attachment=77419:nyc_sad_4.jpg]

[attachment=77415:nyc_sad_6.jpg]

[attachment=77417:nyc_sad.jpg]

[attachment=77416:nyc_sad_8.jpg]

[attachment=77414:tn.jpg]

[attachment=77418:nyc_sad_5.jpg]

Edited by 4 candles

[quote name='molan' post='1198617' date='Apr 13 2011, 08:00 PM']This was mine for a while - great bass, super light, all that Sadowsky famed playability and tone and looks really cool on stage (white & maple always looks great as a stage bass, lol)

Really nice seller as well :)[/quote]
+1 A good bloke...Good luck with the sale......John

[quote name='haimesy' post='1198623' date='Apr 13 2011, 08:04 PM']+1 A good bloke...Good luck with the sale......John[/quote]

Good to hear from you again, hope all is well. having some grief again with my pictures. Im obviously not a child of the 90's!

Regards

Mark

After several attempts to provide indicitave photo's- I have failed. If anyone is able to help me out and post a link to the original post , I will say a prayer for them!!

If anyone offers computer courses for a reasonable fee, please PM me!

Regards

Mark

[quote name='4 candles' post='1198673' date='Apr 13 2011, 08:43 PM']If anyone is able to help me out and post a link to the original post , I will say a prayer for them!![/quote]

I consider myself 'saved' :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116755&hl=sadowsky"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=sadowsky[/url]

[quote name='bajistaman' post='1204226' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:14 PM']Can you share larger pictures?[/quote]

All PM's replied too, plenty of trade offers- tough times for all of us me thinks!

Im useless with computers and dont know how to share bigger pics, I can possibly email some photo,s directly too you if you let me have your email address.

Regards

Mark

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1212362' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:59 AM']I'd love to try this bass out, if only to understand why Sadowsky NYC's are so highly revered. Bump![/quote]

Chuck Stones- come on down (to the midlands)

the price is right.

Sadowsky has a very familiar sound, not to everyones liking, but marmite perhaps. I dont think they sound great as a solo instrument but in a band context they fullfill every frequency available and can cut through any mix from funk to extereme rock with ease ( even with 2 guitarists!)

Ive owned both metro and NYC basses, whilst metro basses are outstanding in their own right, there is something about the NYC range that just feels more noticable. Very lightweight and effortless to play, but very sturdy and well built, producing the same tones as the metro but with a touch of "je-ne-sais-quai"!!! pardon my french

Ive had plenty of insulting offers from mainly eastern europe so far!!!!

"u sent to duzbroanilakeka " I pai u 600EUR and u ship at u cost?????? etc etc u wanna swap 4 8 string uid bazzs made in ze polzand by zoobar gerkund plus 40GBR cash?

pathetic to think that "britania once ruled the waves", but not so now eh!

Bump for a great bass, at this price for "genuine basschat uk'ers" in the spirt of not making a proffit from my fellow brothers, but in the same vein being taken for a mug by "daz europeans"

REgards

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

While I wish you all the best with the sale of this beautiful bass ( i had one like this in the past) I really don't like the sarcasm about the european forum members. Idiots are everywhere but also many nice and honest people.
You don't need that kind of stuff.

[quote name='jsixties' post='1240983' date='May 22 2011, 10:46 PM']While I wish you all the best with the sale of this beautiful bass ( i had one like this in the past) I really don't like the sarcasm about the european forum members. Idiots are everywhere but also many nice and honest people.
You don't need that kind of stuff.[/quote]

+1. Agreed. such comments are not appropriate

[quote name='jsixties' post='1240983' date='May 22 2011, 10:46 PM']While I wish you all the best with the sale of this beautiful bass ( i had one like this in the past) I really don't like the sarcasm about the european forum members. Idiots are everywhere but also many nice and honest people.
You don't need that kind of stuff.[/quote]

+1

So that's your post [i]after[/i] the edit ?! It's still pretty xenophobic and bordering on racism. Whilst it is your prerogative to only allow UK sellers, it is fairly idiotic and embarassing (for you) to suggest that all members from Europe are scammers.