Why become a member? ×

Whats in the box - btb770

aemberson

Bought a new Ibanez btb770 from Dv247 plus a hardcase. It arrived with just the bass in the hardcase in a packing box. Should there have been anything with it? Manual, tools etc.. Don't want to hassle the company if there shouldn't have been anything with it

Regards

[quote name='Machines' post='1198262' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:18 PM']Did it say anything else was included ? If not, then what else were you expecting ?

Personally i've never bought an instrument new that was anything but the bass.[/quote]

Didn't say anything at all. Dunno what I was expecting really. I'm sure with my first bass I got a bag with truss rod tool, manual and some other bits Just thought i'd ask on here first before looking like a prat asking for stuff that I wasn't entitled too. Cheers

[quote name='aemberson' post='1198280' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:28 PM']Didn't say anything at all. Dunno what I was expecting really. I'm sure with my first bass I got a bag with truss rod tool, manual and some other bits Just thought i'd ask on here first before looking like a prat asking for stuff that I wasn't entitled too. Cheers[/quote]

I think it just depends on the shop and a number of other factors.

I bought one Ibanez Prestige that came with a strap and manual, and some dangly tags, that's it.

Another one (I like those Prestiges!) came with manual and strap, the dangly tags were in the case but not on the bass, and it also came with a spiffing multitool with allen keys and the like. However, this one has slight wear marks which might suggest it is ex-display.

I think a lot of places take the bass out of the case and display it and the other trinkets like tools go walkies, and it depends on the shop whether they put them back in on sale (or even if they can find them!).

[quote name='aldude' post='1198364' date='Apr 13 2011, 04:18 PM']I think a lot of places take the bass out of the case and display it and the other trinkets like tools go walkies, and it depends on the shop whether they put them back in on sale (or even if they can find them!).[/quote]

Wot 'e said! :)

Well no one needs a bass manual of operation, do they but Ibanez basses usually come with those peel off stickers by the pots which tells you what is what, volume, tone, bass, middle, treble active / passive etc etc

I would at least expect to find a set of allen keys for the truss rod adjustment and for the bridge saddles, those should have been in the box. Heck I've just bought a Squier 50's P Bass and it came in a very sturdy cardboard box, but it had all the allen keys I've just mentioned

I don't remember getting anything with mine apart from the dangly tag thing that told me it was fitted with Elixir strings.

You're not missing much though, Ibanez is now using a generic instruction manual (available on the Ibanez website) and the allen keys used are bog standard metric ones that most of us have rattling about in the bottom of the odds and sods box. :)

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1198725' date='Apr 13 2011, 09:19 PM']Should have bought a Warwick....

Padded gigbag, tool kit, manual, straplocks, wax, duster, label telling me what woods were used, when and where it was made etc![/quote]

...and a handy sticker saying 'this way up'..? :)

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1198725' date='Apr 13 2011, 09:19 PM']Should have bought a Warwick....

Padded gigbag, tool kit, manual, straplocks, wax, duster, label telling me what woods were used, when and where it was made etc![/quote]

Yeah, you do get a lot of nice toys with Warwicks! My corvette was my first expensive new bass and it made it a bit more special getting all the trinkets.

I think every bass should come with tools for the truss and bridge, if Sue Ryder can do it then everyone can!

They should include the rules and regulations of baseball in case you ever give up playing bass and want to use the neck for something else :)

[quote name='Monz' post='1199344' date='Apr 14 2011, 01:19 PM']They should include the rules and regulations of baseball in case you ever give up playing bass and want to use the neck for something else :)[/quote]

BOOOOM-TISH!

Here all week... :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1198447' date='Apr 13 2011, 05:23 PM']I would at least expect to find a set of allen keys for the truss rod adjustment and for the bridge saddles, those should have been in the box. Heck I've just bought a Squier 50's P Bass and it came in a very sturdy cardboard box, but it had all the allen keys I've just mentioned[/quote]
When I bought a CV Jazz there was no allen key. When I queried this in the shop, the guy told me: 'We don't really like to give out the allen keys because people don't know how to use them properly and then we have to repair the guitar'.

It's that kind of attention to detail that comes in really useful... when you realise you need to sell/trade it for a Fender :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1199476' date='Apr 14 2011, 02:48 PM']When I bought a CV Jazz there was no allen key. When I queried this in the shop, the guy told me: 'We don't really like to give out the allen keys because people don't know how to use them properly and then we have to repair the guitar'.[/quote]

That's why there is manual?

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1198440' date='Apr 13 2011, 05:21 PM']I knew of one place where an employee told me they often stripped the guitars of the extras like straps, leads and even gig bags and hard cases then flogged them separate for beer money! Terrible that :)[/quote]

I know that some shops up here kept them back and chucked them in as deal-sealers on low priced kit. But those Fender good-bags with the T-handled hex rod were never given away!