Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Japan 62RI Jazz Bass (CIJ) - Candy Apple Red/Matching Headstock [Now on the Bay of E]

xilddx

It's about 10-12 years old and virtually mint. Two almost invisible tiny dings to the body edge and one about the size of a pinhead on the back (pic shown). The neck is mint. No fret wear, fingerboard in fabulous condition, nicely figured rosewood.

This is a bass with no issues at all.

Now on ebay at £675 [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330559926911#ht_500wt_1082"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1#ht_500wt_1082[/url]

Edited by silddx

[quote name='gary mac' post='1189760' date='Apr 5 2011, 09:49 PM']Really surprised to see this for sale already, yes we are fickle buggers.

Good luck, can't see you having any trouble moving this on,[/quote]
John Blackman chucked in a tube of E45 with it so the itch has now gone :)

Seriously, thanks mate. I have always wanted a gorgeous Fender Jazz, even though I knew I needed more than a Fender could offer me. This is the best Jazz I've ever played. I just had to have one. But now, that desire has faded. It was romance, infatuation. I'm starting to realise that the music is in ME, not the bass. So I want a workhorse with all the features I need and a beautiful neck about the same dimensions as this Jazz. I know for sure that a recent shallow neck Warwick will be about perfect, Jazz width nut and shallow oval neck profile. I probably want a German Corvette, probably a $$.

In the meantime, my clubby neck Electra I made will serve me very well indeed.

Thanks again :)

[quote name='Sibob' post='1190090' date='Apr 6 2011, 08:59 AM']Omnomnomnom, can't believe this is going :)
Loser :D

Nige is a standup guy, so deal with confidence :)

Si[/quote]
Thanks Si, appreciated :lol:

I should add that I have factored in a couple of months depreciation in the price, and it's a firm price which I think is perfectly fair.

Cheers,
Nigel

[quote name='Clarky' post='1190119' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:24 AM']Nige, if a would-be buyer wants the bass [i]sans [/i] J-Retro, I will take the J-Retro, mate[/quote]
That's cool mate, thank you! I'll let you know. It's mint and boxed with all the instructions. If this situation happens, would £165 be acceptable?

Cheers Clarky,
N

[quote name='silddx' post='1190132' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:37 AM']That's cool mate, thank you! I'll let you know. It's mint and boxed with all the instructions. If this situation happens, would £165 be acceptable?

Cheers Clarky,
N[/quote]
Yup, that would be cool. Let me know as your sale develops

[quote name='silddx' post='1190086' date='Apr 6 2011, 08:53 AM']I'll want the sweetcorn in sesame oil too, let me know :)[/quote]

Sorry, don't do sesame oil, too many Chub.
Now, sweetcorn, marinated in worm essence, frozen to take the flavour in, thawed, :) .

Just sell the bloody thing before I do something rash :lol: .

[quote name='karlfer' post='1190139' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:41 AM']Sorry, don't do sesame oil, too many Chub.
Now, sweetcorn, marinated in worm essence, frozen to take the flavour in, thawed, :) .

Just sell the bloody thing before I do something rash :) .[/quote]
Good point!

It will sell. It's a fabulous Jazz Bass.

[quote name='silddx' post='1189495' date='Apr 5 2011, 07:14 PM']If you have something to trade that's active, Jazz nut width and shallow neck profile, four strings, 24 frets, versatile, a bass I can use in the studio and live without embarrassment, try me.[/quote]

That'll be a Warwick then :)

Unfortunately I've no money to spend on gear at all (blown on a new, to me, car :lol:, hate cars, hate cars). Otherwise I'd actually quite like this.

All the best with finding whatever it is your looking for :)

[quote name='Marvin' post='1190192' date='Apr 6 2011, 10:06 AM']That'll be a Warwick then :)

Unfortunately I've no money to spend on gear at all (blown on a new, to me, car :lol:, hate cars, hate cars). Otherwise I'd actually quite like this.

All the best with finding whatever it is your looking for :)[/quote]
Yep, a nice Warwick will fit the bill!

[quote name='silddx' post='1190306' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:38 AM']Yep, a nice Warwick will fit the bill![/quote]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103287&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103287&st=0[/url]

Edited by pete.young

[quote name='pete.young' post='1190355' date='Apr 6 2011, 12:08 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103287&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103287&st=0[/url][/quote]
Thanks Pete! Greatly appreciated! Nice isn't it!

Cheers mate :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1190378' date='Apr 6 2011, 12:23 PM']Thanks Pete! Greatly appreciated! Nice isn't it!

Cheers mate :D[/quote]

Don't you bloody dare :) That bass has my name on it, I just don't have the money for it :) The only condition that allows you to buy it is if you sell it to me at a later date :lol::)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='1190486' date='Apr 6 2011, 01:54 PM']Don't you bloody dare :) That bass has my name on it, I just don't have the money for it :) The only condition that allows you to buy it is if you sell it to me at a later date :lol::)[/quote]

And they are under starters orders...........................

Pass the popcorn nursey please :D .