Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Japan 62RI Jazz Bass (CIJ) - Candy Apple Red/Matching Headstock [Now on the Bay of E]

xilddx

[quote name='the_underling' post='1192270' date='Apr 7 2011, 09:12 PM']For reference, how much would the bass be [i]sans[/i] E-Pro please?[/quote]
£630 without the case, £665 with the case. The case is brand new about a month old, never been out the house, neither has the bass, apart from the garden for the photos :)

Sound reasonable?

Cheers.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1192609' date='Apr 8 2011, 09:33 AM']I've played this bass...
It made me sound great :)
Great instrument.[/quote]

I've not played this bass but I have played with Jake and I can confirm he is great :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1193443' date='Apr 9 2011, 12:46 AM']PM's with a crackin 2010 jazz bass[/quote]
Ahh, PMed back. Great offer, you have a spiffing Jazz there mate!

Sadly, I think I'm after a Warwick or perhaps a Status, a modern bass with great design features.

Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

Mmm, had a couple of interesting trades, but not really for me. I'm thinking my ideal highly reliable, good looking, wonderful playing bass might be a Status Mark King Standard.

Anyway, a question. If I put the original electronics back, would this bass sell more easily? is the J-Retro putting off the purists?

Cheers,
N

I will be purchasing the J_Retro on my return from hols. And I am giving this a bump for the nicest flared trouser and floppy hat wearing bass player I know ... With gloves :) But seriously folks, Nigel's gear is top notch, so biy this beauty. I would have done if I had not already got a bwautiful Bacchus 62RI Jazz

[quote name='Clarky' post='1196303' date='Apr 11 2011, 10:15 PM']Apologies for the spelling, am on Blackberry so can barely read what I type. Basically, top guy and top bass![/quote]
That's very kind mate! Thank you :)

Your J-Retro 01 is packed and ready to go, cheers!

[quote name='Mike' post='1199586' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:40 PM']Ah, gutting, was interested in this with the J-retro but still trying to make a decision. Oh well - good luck with the sale :)[/quote]
Mike, if its a deal breaker and as Nigel is a mate, I will forego the J-Retro if you want to buy the whole shooting match? Your call

[quote name='Mike' post='1199586' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:40 PM']Ah, gutting, was interested in this with the J-retro but still trying to make a decision. Oh well - good luck with the sale :)[/quote]
John East is still among the living mate :) And it's the easiest thing in the world to fit if that's what you are worried about.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1199608' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:54 PM']Mike, if its a deal breaker and as Nigel is a mate, I will forego the J-Retro if you want to buy the whole shooting match? Your call[/quote]
Clarky, that's very magnanimous of you. But the JR is promised to you and I won't go back on my word just to make a sale. If Mike really wants it, he can always buy a J-Retro. I'll fit it for him too.

[quote name='silddx' post='1199628' date='Apr 14 2011, 05:10 PM']Clarky, that's very magnanimous of you. But the JR is promised to you and I won't go back on my word just to make a sale. If Mike really wants it, he can always buy a J-Retro. I'll fit it for him too.[/quote]
Only trying to help you bag that Warwick, mate! In any case, it wouldn't be going back on your word AFAIC But let's leave things as they are then - I think the J-Retro will sound awesome on my Bacchus Jazz..

Ah, very kind, but please continue with your sale! I am still dithering, shillying, and shallying!

I know it's easy to fit and buy - I'll keep thinking on. Just thinking out loud really - I probably shouldn't have posted!

[quote name='Mike' post='1199676' date='Apr 14 2011, 05:52 PM']Ah, very kind, but please continue with your sale! I am still dithering, shillying, and shallying!

I know it's easy to fit and buy - I'll keep thinking on. Just thinking out loud really - I probably shouldn't have posted![/quote]
It's the pretty colours, they dazzle, they delight! But it's just a Fender Jazz Bass really, albeit a great playing, great sounding, great looking, beautifully made Fender Jazz Bass.