Why become a member? ×

Aye right <_<

It has so obviously been hit with sandpaper. -> [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160560167256&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#vi-desc"]linky[/url]
At no point does he categorically claim that the wear is genuine but the carefully chosen wording [i]implies[/i] it several times. He also implies that it is a 70's bass (I think it's an '83+) :)

Still there's probably a nice bass in there somewhere.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1167510' date='Mar 18 2011, 06:49 PM']I've just spotted his ebay-name. It rings a bell but I can't remember from what... of course it doesn't help that all his past listings are private. :)[/quote]

He sells (usually) ludicrously over priced stuff. If you look at any thread here laughing at how much something cost there's a fair chance it's him.

[quote name='chaypup' post='1167531' date='Mar 18 2011, 07:04 PM']He sells (usually) ludicrously over priced stuff. If you look at any thread here laughing at how much something cost there's a fair chance it's him.[/quote]
Phew I thought for a moment that I'd bought something off him. :)

I wonder what stoopid reserve he's set on it then.

[quote name='redstriper' post='1167556' date='Mar 18 2011, 07:39 PM']Is [url="http://www.myspace.com/peterbartonram"]this[/url] yer man?[/quote]
Gads...! Hope I never bump into him if I'm in the company of some semi famous musician from the Sixties! he seems to have formed a band with almost every one he's ever met! wonder why they were all so short lived ? :)

Edited by uke

[quote name='uke' post='1167735' date='Mar 18 2011, 10:21 PM']Gads...! Hope I never bump into him if I'm in the company of some semi famous musician from the Sixties! he seems to have formed a band with almost every one he's ever met! wonder why they were all so short lived ? :)[/quote]
Including a brief colaberation with Steven Hawking on backing vocals. :) :lol:

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1167510' date='Mar 18 2011, 06:49 PM']I've just spotted his ebay-name. It rings a bell but I can't remember from what... of course it doesn't help that all his past listings are private. :)[/quote]

[quote name='gary mac' post='1167640' date='Mar 18 2011, 08:57 PM']He also selling a 70's P that I think has already been discussed[/quote]
I thing that seller is a regular contributor to the ebay giggles on this section of BC! :)

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1168056' date='Mar 19 2011, 11:09 AM']I guess all you could do with it is completely strip it now. It looks awful as it is!

Truckstop[/quote]
Yep. I bet it would look peachy all stripped and finished in natural.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1168166' date='Mar 19 2011, 01:03 PM']I really miss seeing bands who look like this

[/quote]
2 of them look like scary women. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1167468' date='Mar 18 2011, 06:21 PM']He also implies that it is a 70's bass (I think it's an '83+) :)

Still there's probably a nice bass in there somewhere.[/quote]
Well, as we all know, G&L as a company didn't exist until 1980, and the SB1 didn't appear until '82. Thing is, being in production from '82 to '84, an original SB1 (or SB2 come to that) is a desirable bass. Recently, a black/maple SB1 sold locally for £650 (as it was all original and in excellent condition). He obviously thought doing a home relic job would get him a better price than what these usually go for. Plank.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1169074' date='Mar 20 2011, 02:15 AM']Is the one 2nd from the right Eamonn Holmes?[/quote]

Actually I think he's the secret son of Paul Shane ............. you be the judge .........

I met him once & does have the "big I Am attitude". :)
A few years ago he had a shop which sold old guitars, this could still be his stock being sold off.