Why become a member? ×

Absolutely appalling live performances ...

Sawtooth

I'm just following on from a great comment from JTUK in a previous post of mine : [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126914&pid=1160483&st=0&#entry1160483"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1160483[/url]

- "I applaud live shows and live TV but some artists just can't afford to risk it ha ha ..you know where this is going so apologies in advance."

I really can't think of any terrible live TV performances off-hand?

Please enlighten .... :)

Edited by Sawtooth

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1160533' date='Mar 13 2011, 03:00 PM']My niece was watching some awful American programme the other day. It was supposedly live, and featured some horrendously talented youngster. Someone should have explained to her that when lip synching, keep the microphone pointed at your mouth.[/quote]

Great. But video evidence would be better. :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1160556' date='Mar 13 2011, 03:11 PM']A different take on the "really [b]shoulda[/b] mimed" theory

:)[/quote]

Brilliant! I assume that may have been some sort of silent protest against a 'Top Of The Pops' decision to use backing tracks only?
- Or they'd taken some top quaity acid.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1160566' date='Mar 13 2011, 03:19 PM']27secs in - hard to believe this made a comedy show. One for all you Soul lovers

Enjoy![/quote]

Ahh! The sound of a thousand working mens clubs. I can almost taste the smell of fags and bitter.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1160556' date='Mar 13 2011, 03:11 PM']A different take on the "really [b]shoulda[/b] mimed" theory[/quote]

i remember that on totp...apparently they couldn't hear the backing they were supposed to be miming to...

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Jambo10' post='1160655' date='Mar 13 2011, 04:25 PM']Love it when Muse do chat shows etc and asked to mine, they have taken to swapping instruments and totally taking the piss out of the fact they are being made to mime........[/quote]
Yup, Muse jumped straight to mind for me too, I can't seem to find it but a mate once showed my Muse on top of the pops when matt was just waving his hands around the keyboard at one point.

[quote name='Zach' post='1160668' date='Mar 13 2011, 04:43 PM']Yup, Muse jumped straight to mind for me too, I can't seem to find it but a mate once showed my Muse on top of the pops when matt was just waving his hands around the keyboard at one point.[/quote]

You mean New Born........

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1160827' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:31 PM']How about this... band has sequenced backing. Sequenced backing is broken and plays in wrong key.

All aboard the failboat!

[/quote]

A ) The guitarist was oblivious (although the bass player seemed to get something was wrong),
B ) They got away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mykesbass

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1160827' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:31 PM']How about this... band has sequenced backing. Sequenced backing is broken and plays in wrong key.

All aboard the failboat!

[/quote]

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='1160912' date='Mar 13 2011, 07:49 PM']A ) The guitarist was oblivious (although the bass player seemed to get something was wrong),
B ) They got away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I don't really know what 'hackles' are? But they've only just gone down.