Why become a member? ×

Wal MK1 Custom *SOLD*!

cetera

Sadly I need to part with my beautiful Nov 1983 Wal Mk1 Custom (W2205) from the original/classic Ian Waller & Pete Stevens era. :lol:

The bass has a Mahogany core with Wenge facings, Indian Rosewood fingerboard with inlaid m.o.p. dot markers, Schaller machineheads and black/chrome custom Wal bridge. The neck is 34" scale/21 frets and of a six-piece laminate construction of Rock Maple, Hornbeam and Amazonian Hardwood. Electronics are the standard x2 Wal pickups with Volume, Blend and two parametric EQ Tone Control pots. There is extra 'pick attack' with the pull up Volume pot and extra focus on selected frequencies with the two pull up Tone pots. The bass also has ¼" and an integrated XLR balanced output, which allows for direct connection to a desk or other balanced input. It is currently strung with 45 - 105 strings.

As we all know, Wal basses are hand made, beautifully constructed and individually unique instruments and this particular bass is surely one of the best. Indeed, when I had this fully serviced by Pete about 3 or 4 years ago, he told me that it was one of the [i][b]finest[/b][/i] examples he’d ever seen of this model. :)

Condition is 'excellent' with just a few very light dings/surface scratches - to be expected from an almost 28 year old instrument. I have barely used it outside the house since owning it and a case will be included. The weight (according to my bathroom scales) is approx 8 lbs...

I'm very sad to move it on but, as the owner of an incredibly rare 'Geddy Lee' Mk1 and a beautiful fretless Mk1 as well, I feel it is time to offer this classic up to someone else to enjoy to the max! :)

So, without much more ado.... here she is:

Now, to the price:

I'm looking for [b]*SOLD*[/b] cash, cheque or bank transfer/IBAN. No Paypal or trades, thanks.

Pickup is preferred (from Central London or Guildford/Surrey) but I WILL meet within a reasonable distance for petrol money. I WILL ship within the UK or Internationally but obviously, with a bass of this value, all shipping/insurance costs and any import taxes must be met by the buyer.

Please see my superb feedback (link in sig below) for assurances of a clean/honest transaction.

Edited by cetera

[quote name='blind pilot' post='1147212' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:08 PM']Amazingly beautiful bass. This will go fast I recon, if not, can I swap my wife?[/quote]

Is she fit? :) :)

[quote name='blind pilot' post='1147237' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:22 PM']dead ringer>>>>>>>>>>[attachment=73702:Elle_MacPherson.jpg]

(yes I is like well lucky innit!)[/quote]

Nice! But I'd prefer a younger model or £2800 please :)

Think I've heard and played this one at the 'Walfest in 2006...

From memory, it's got a fantastic tone, determined in part by the wenge facings which give it more edge than some of the other facings often used by Wal! But as well as that, it has all the versatility that comes with the Wal electronics..

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks chaps!
Yes Nik, this is the one you played at Walfest! :)

Now, I've had a fair few people make contact about this bass already, but obviously with an instrument of this value (and the tough current financial climate) people are finding it hard to be the first to get the full amount together....

[i]*finance arrangements deleted now SOLD*[/i]

Hope that helps?! :)

Please see my extensive feedback (link below) for assurances of my honesty and trading/selling reputation on these boards.

Edited by cetera

[quote name='Shaggy' post='1148668' date='Mar 3 2011, 05:51 PM']Just bee-yootiful. :) And a very fair finance deal too

Can say from experience that cetera's a top guy to deal with, and really knows / looks after his bass gear[/quote]

Thanks Shaggy!
I appreciate your kind words :)

Cetera that is a seriously nice looking and GAS inducing Wal you have there!
I never paid much attention to Wal's until I was lent a Mk.1 to do some recording with many moons ago :)

Have a BUMP for a bass I wish I could afford.

Regards,
Jon

[quote name='Jappo81' post='1154947' date='Mar 9 2011, 09:20 AM']Which is the weight?

Tks![/quote]

The weight (according to my bathroom scales) is approx 8 lbs :)