Why become a member? ×

Strings Direct

tarcher

I've used Strings Direct in the past, and found them to be very good.

But IMO [url="http://www.stringbusters.com/index.htm"]StringBusters[/url] are even better. And possibly cheaper too. Haven't researched even a representative sample, but I just bought a 5-set of Elite Stadiums, 45-130 from StringBusters for £19.80 delivered. Strings Direct want £24.95

:)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1136748' date='Feb 22 2011, 09:32 AM']Order some EXL's yesterday lunchtime, they are on my bass now. Brilliant service as always, and free postage.

That strap looks pretty neat Tarcher, think i might investigate it more.[/quote]

Sa\me tweed as my fender Gig bag.

Just need to to save a bit for a Fender TV 10 or 12.

Love those amps but they are a tad pricey.

[quote name='tarcher' post='1136783' date='Feb 22 2011, 09:57 AM']Sa\me tweed as my fender Gig bag.

Just need to to save a bit for a Fender TV 10 or 12.

Love those amps but they are a tad pricey.[/quote]

My guitarist has a Fender Tweed covered combo. It looks nice but its bloody loud :-(

I think that strap will go well with my Fiesta red P. Ill order one. I particularly like the end bits with the big F on them.

Damn, GAS so early in the morning.

Edited by dave_bass5

I ordered a delay pedal for Mrs. WoT from Strings Direct last Wednesday. Despite not being a particularly expensive item, the shipping was free and it arrived the next day.

She used it at a gig on Saturday, and it had a slight fault.

I emailed Paul at Strings Direct yesterday to ask if I could send it back for a replacement - he got straight back to tell me he's popped another one in the post along with a return envelope for the faulty one, along with his apologies.

10/10 from me!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1136811' date='Feb 22 2011, 10:17 AM']I ordered a delay pedal for Mrs. WoT from Strings Direct last Wednesday. Despite not being a particularly expensive item, the shipping was free and it arrived the next day.

She used it at a gig on Saturday, and it had a slight fault.

I emailed Paul at Strings Direct yesterday to ask if I could send it back for a replacement - he got straight back to tell me he's popped another one in the post along with a return envelope for the faulty one, along with his apologies.

10/10 from me![/quote]

Pauls great to deal with. I had the same response when i had a faulty string a whirl ago. Got the replacement before i sent the first packet back.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1136748' date='Feb 22 2011, 09:32 AM']Order some EXL's yesterday lunchtime, they are on my bass now. Brilliant service as always, and free postage.

That strap looks pretty neat Tarcher, think i might investigate it more.[/quote]

Actually got it to go with the red Jaguar Bass I should be getting in the not too distant future.

Theres a secondhand one for sale in the "Other Musical Stuff" section.
Look for Grand Wazoo's ad.
He might still have it.

Edited by tarcher

[quote name='tarcher' post='1137217' date='Feb 22 2011, 03:46 PM']Actually got it to go with the red Jaguar Bass I should be getting in the not too distant future.

Theres a secondhand one for sale in the "Other Musical Stuff" section.
Look for Grand Wazoo's ad.
He might still have it.[/quote]

Cheers for the heads up. Ive just replied to his thread so hopefully ill get it.........not that i need another strap lol.