Why become a member? ×

Maple with Blocks

waynepunkdude

Good idea Wayne.

I think my fav would have to be the neck/fretboard on the Overwater Jazz at the Bass Merchants. I started a thread about it last week.
Most stunning bit of maple I've seen and the block inlays were things of beauty.

Seeing as you have a VMJ I won't post a pic of mine.

None of my others have block inlays, although the jap neck on my bitsa is a cracker even if it does only have dot markers.

I do like a bit of maple/blocks action, me:

[attachment=71584:csledit.jpg] [attachment=71585:stbgtfull3.jpg] [attachment=71586:pink1200.jpg]

Leaning more towards pearl blocks at the moment - the Seethrough P would've had pearl but the neck got lost in the post. Good old ParcelFarce... :)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1120146' date='Feb 8 2011, 02:46 PM']I do like a bit of maple/blocks action, me:

[attachment=71584:csledit.jpg] [attachment=71585:stbgtfull3.jpg] [attachment=71586:pink1200.jpg]

Leaning more towards pearl blocks at the moment - the Seethrough P would've had pearl but the neck got lost in the post. Good old ParcelFarce... :)

Jon.[/quote]

Seriously cool, Jon.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1120331' date='Feb 8 2011, 05:39 PM']I'm thinking about a bridge cover.[/quote]

What sort of cover precision style or jazz style?? Precision style might look ok, I don't think I would do it personally. Still thinking black scratchplate!! nice basses though, are they all fender/squiers?

Edited by willyf87

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1120332' date='Feb 8 2011, 05:39 PM']Seriously cool, Jon.[/quote]
Cheers Wayne! The J pic's obsolete already, it now has cream pup covers & a black pearl plate, and the P is destined never to be gigged, being a 14lb spine-mangling monster!

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1120431' date='Feb 8 2011, 06:50 PM']Cheers Wayne! The J pic's obsolete already, it now has cream pup covers & a black pearl plate, and the P is destined never to be gigged, being a 14lb spine-mangling monster!

J.[/quote]

I had a perspex 5 string that weighed in at a back braking 16lb, looked cool but ungiggable.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1122951' date='Feb 10 2011, 05:53 PM']More info on the Perspex P please.[/quote]
Build thread here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100767"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100767[/url]

J.