Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Fender Road Worn Double P WITHDRAWN

ezbass

Well the time has come for me to actually put this up for sale rather than just talking about it in other threads. What we have here is a Fender Roadworn with the usual relicing that I have had an extra P p/up professionally fitted to it by The Bass Centre. The additional p/up is a Seymour Duncan SPB-1. In addition I have changed the pick guard for a black one and have had the p/ups wired to a 3 way switch. There is also a Hipshot D Tuner fitted (a correct reverse tuner suitably scuffed up a bit). I found that the nitro on the neck was very sticky, so this has been removed, sanded back and then Danish oiled to a smooth natural finish very akin to a MusicMan neck finish. The reason I'm selling this on is that due to the light weight of the bass I find it a little head heavy (YMMV) which aggravates a shoulder injury. I've made an alternative button placement position which alleviates my problem somewhat but doesn't cure it for me.

Sound wise it obviously does the P thing, and does it brilliantly, but with the added p/up you can get a really nice open sound (great for slapping or pick playing) when both are on together, or a really aggresive honk when the bridge p/up is soloed. Think J bass on steroids and you won't go far wrong. Comes with a Fender gigbag. So to the photos.....

I'm more than happy to have potential buyers come and have a try at Ezbass Towers. Price I want [b]£600[/b] and would prefer collection, although I will send by courier if you have a company you like to use. I have a suitable box for shipment (one I had a bass delivered in).

For more details or extra photos PM me. Sadly I can't do soundclips.

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='Stuee' post='1097676' date='Jan 21 2011, 03:38 PM']It's gorgeous, but where & when was it made please mate?

Ta, Stuee

.:EDIT:. Never mind. I assume from the price it's a Mexi. Hmmm... GAS![/quote]
Yep MIM with better than standard timbers

[quote name='BassManGraham' post='1100909' date='Jan 24 2011, 03:19 PM']Yo Chris, Are you sure you want to sell this? Think it might need to go to a good home in the Emerald Isle?[/quote]
As you were so impressed with it when you played it I can make it available to you for a one off rental of £600 :)

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='ezbass' post='1101171' date='Jan 24 2011, 06:33 PM']As you were so impressed with it when you played it I can make it available to you for a one off rental of £600 :)[/quote]

Well as someone once told me - It's not gonna happen mate! But as I am coming over in March for the London Bass Show and if you still have it maybe we can talk Turkey!

[quote name='BassManGraham' post='1101832' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:35 AM']Well as someone once told me - It's not gonna happen mate! But as I am coming over in March for the London Bass Show and if you still have it maybe we can talk Turkey![/quote]

MB1. :)
Or Office Stationary? :)
BUMP!

[quote name='MB1' post='1101840' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:44 AM']Or Office Stationary? :)[/quote]
Confused? See here...........
[quote name='willyf87' post='1101183' date='Jan 24 2011, 06:40 PM']I WANT this bass but I DON'T need it, plus I have no money, would you take an empty wallet (real leather) [b]and a paper clip (mint condition)[/b] I have lying round on my desk?? :)[/quote]

[quote name='thack' post='1107206' date='Jan 29 2011, 01:59 PM']GAS explosion![/quote]
Excellent! (This said in an appropriate Monty Burns voice of course). Feed your GAS, you know you want to.

[quote name='gub' post='1115713' date='Feb 4 2011, 06:30 PM']Was hopng this wouldnt get bumped as i had put it to the back of my mind while i try and get the money together but seeing it again gas gas gas[/quote]
Mwah ha ha!