Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray V

nkcarrier

I have an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray V available for sale.

The colour is white (matching headstock) with a white pearl scratchplate. It has a maple fretboard.

This bass has been my primary work bass for the past 10 years, so it has been well looked after, but it does have two minor cosmetic issues. First, a few small chips in the paintwork. Second, a small area of slight discolouration on the bottom of the bass. The output jack will also need replacing in the not too distant future.

All of the important stuff is in extremely good work order. Original Musicman hard case included.

I am looking for £600. I may consider a trade (5 string only).

[attachment=69195:IMG_6484.JPG]

[attachment=69196:IMG_6485.JPG]

Edited by nkcarrier

Update.

I have already had a great deal of interest in the bass. Astonishingly, I have had 2 offers from overseas buyers at £700+P&P. I would rather not send the bass overseas, but I won't be able to turn down those offers unless I can find a UK buyer willing to pay £700. I will be updating the listing to reflect the change in my asking price.

Please accept my apologies if you have been inconvenienced by this.

[quote name='nkcarrier' post='1093729' date='Jan 18 2011, 12:44 PM']Update.

I have already had a great deal of interest in the bass. Astonishingly, I have had 2 offers from overseas buyers at £700+P&P. I would rather not send the bass overseas, but I won't be able to turn down those offers unless I can find a UK buyer willing to pay £700. I will be updating the listing to reflect the change in my asking price.

Please accept my apologies if you have been inconvenienced by this.[/quote]

Hi, where are you in the UK ?

[quote name='birdy' post='1093914' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:10 PM']I thought this was £600.00? Surely creating an auction scenario is against forum rules mods?[/quote]

Apologies if this is the case. My intention was not to create an auction. I merely wanted to give UK buyers the opportunity to match some overseas offers that I received (I would rather not ship the bass overseas). I am not holding out for the highest bidder - if someone in the UK offers me £700 for it, then I will sell it to them. In any case, I hope you'll agree that £700 is still a bargain for this terrific bass.

[quote name='birdy' post='1093914' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:10 PM']I thought this was £600.00? Surely creating an auction scenario is against forum rules mods?[/quote]

I think hidden auctions are against forum rules, which is why posting a clear price on the thread is a rule.

Of course no one would be daft enough to make a public auction on a site like this where community spirit is supposed to be more important than monetary gain...right?

FWIW I still think £700 is a fair price. I would've been very interested at £600 though.

It's always a community forum until someone is happy to take a bass off someone for what was clearly a low price, Lots of people would just pull the thread and start a fresh one a few days after when seeing a similar bass go quickly for more where this is a transparent thread. Good luck it's looks really cool!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1094302' date='Jan 18 2011, 07:52 PM']It's always a community forum until someone is happy to take a bass off someone for what was clearly a low price, Lots of people would just pull the thread and start a fresh one a few days after when seeing a similar bass go quickly for more where this is a transparent thread. Good luck it's looks really cool![/quote]

well said!

gorgeous bass,wish I had something to trade for it

As promised , a few pics of my Warwick. There is the original Warwick gigbag with it too. As you can see, the bass is pristine and it is a joy to play, has a nice low action and sounds amazing. The finger marks around the neck pickup will disappear when it's next waxed (which I do regularly). I just don't use the bass much any more. Let me know what you think anyway.

Cheers

Update.

I have looked into what would be involved with shipping overseas. It has strengthened my resolve to find a UK buyer. Therefore, I am reducing the asking price to £600 on condition that the buyer collect the bass from me in Twickenham.

Thanks.