Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash 2011,Sunday March 27th 2011 to infinity and beyond

yorks5stringer

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1169767' date='Mar 20 2011, 06:24 PM']Confirmed and paid. With luck will be bringing:

Eden WT550
Barefaced Super Twelve T - with Roqsolid cover
Boss GT-10B
Shergold Marathon Fretless

I predict I shall mysteriously develop a condition that prevents me playing anything, but that still allows me to let others try the gear if they want. :)[/quote]

Looks good, but will you be bringing a "Snickers" Bar along with the Shergold?

oooh... just seen this thread somehow. I might well pop down... any interest in a Genz Streamliner 900?

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1166814' date='Mar 18 2011, 10:55 AM']Oh, bugger, balls and dammit. I'm actually IN Harrogate that day, but I'll be [url="http://www.nurseryfair.com/"]here[/url] instead.[/quote]

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1170070' date='Mar 20 2011, 09:32 PM']Looks good, but will you be bringing a "Snickers" Bar along with the Shergold?[/quote]
Actually.... might have to see about bringing a handful with me to hand out. :)

PS The missus might pop along to say hello before a spot of retail therapy in Harrogate.

Due to the numbers signed up so far (15) we are holding open the t shirt offer until the Sunday of the bash. That means you don't have to pay in advance but your shirt will be posted on to you after the event.
We still need 20 attending to make the t shirt happen but I'm sure we will hit that figure iof those who say they are coming materialise!

Incidentally here's a mock-up of what it may look like......

[attachment=75353:Yor__Bash_shirt_1.pdf]

Just adding to the Raffle Prizes:

Hartke Effects Pedal Courtesy of Korg UK

"Something" from Mark Bass courtesy of Proel UK

2 Musicians Tool Kits

101 Bass Tips by Gary Willis

6 packets of Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of John Hornby Skewes

2 packs of Hartke Bass Strings courtesy of Korg UK

There will also be a Bass Bash Discount on Mark Bass products bought through Bass Gear Ltd

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1170663' date='Mar 21 2011, 01:50 PM']Just adding to the Raffle Prizes:

Hartke Effects Pedal Courtesy of Korg UK

"Something" from Mark Bass courtesy of Proel UK

2 Musicians Tool Kits

101 Bass Tips by Gary Willis

6 packets of Dunlop Bass Strings courtesy of John Hornby Skewes

2 packs of Hartke Bass Strings courtesy of Korg UK

There will also be a Bass Bash Discount on Mark Bass products bought through Bass Gear Ltd[/quote]

And some of our popular Bass Gear exclusive T-shirts are to be won in to the raffle too.

Don't forget to bring bags to take away your prizes. Most people win something ...there is likely to be as many winning tickets as people at the bash.

Phil

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1170754' date='Mar 21 2011, 03:09 PM']It's looking more and more likely that I'm going to get to this...[/quote]

Me Too!

Long way to travel but sounds like fun & I can get to meet some more faces I haven't seen before :)

Keith - you can definitely count me in, organised my car about 10 minutes ago so I'm all set now. . .

Also - if anyone wants me to bring any of the basses listed in my Sig then gimme a shout, the car will fit a good few if anyone wants to try something out :)

Edited by molan

I've been thinking about what to bring from the showroom. I can't bring everything!

I've surprised myself by deciding on some ridiculous deals on some of the stock that I would like to see more movement on. There are fresh stocks on order and gawd knows what I'll end up being tempted in to at Frankfurt in two weeks.

So please be warned: the deals are for Yor'Bash attendees only and I dare not advertise them. Cards will be accepted.

So that's another reason why you absolutely MUST COME!

See you there.

Phil

Venue Details below:

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ACAW_enGB332GB332&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=manhattan+club+harrogate&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=manhattan+club&hnear=Harrogate,+North+Yorkshire&cid=0,0,14262647170956529448&ei=cyeKTbTUIY-5hAemkvC1Dg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCcQnwIwAQ"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ACAW_...ved=0CCcQnwIwAQ[/url]

Don't forget, the clocks go forward early Sunday, so you could end up missing the first hour!

A few updates:

Alan from ACG and Jon Shuker have both confirmed their attendance

Scott Devine will be presenting a seminar "How to expand your skills as a Bass Player" Some will know of Scott, who has played with Peter (not Eddy) Grant amongst others. Doubtless he'll be bringing along his Overwater!

Personnel-wise the following have said they are/should be coming:
Scoop
david l perry
Kirky
Gusto x2
geoffbassist
Born2bmild
Yorks5stringer
Tait
Funkypenguin
2wheeler
Shergoldsnickers
Simon1962 x2
Mr Bassman
Ryan0583
Molan
Watersoftyne
Ben55
MikeyR

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1175185' date='Mar 24 2011, 08:30 PM']A few updates:

Personnel-wise the following have said they are/should be coming:

Simon1962 x2[/quote]

If you mean me, I'm Simon1964. I could do without an extra 2 years added to my vintage :)

In like Flynn, after feeling pretty pumped for this now the sun is making a first appearance.

I think I'll have the Gibson with me, but we'll see on the morning. I shall no doubt be spending Satiurday trying to undo my pleb set-ups for something a little more refined :)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1175404' date='Mar 24 2011, 11:32 PM']Ha, yes it should be Simon 1964 x 2, can you see what I did there? And people think this is easy.....![/quote]

No worries!

I'm planning to bring the '64P, Shuker, Rickenbacker, and either the G&L or Stingray I think.