Why become a member? ×

Expensive bass... novice bassist

He says that the G string tuner works the opposite to the others! Anyone else care to tell him why?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-2-II-Neck-Through-Bass_W0QQitemZ230215369153QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Sta...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='Beedster' post='124864' date='Jan 21 2008, 05:58 PM']They make your days those ones don't they :)[/quote]

You do have two trains of thought...

1) How the heck did he get a bass like that when he can't even string it correctly or spot the problem if it came prestrung?

2) Is he a scammer coming across all daft!

[quote name='WalMan' post='124995' date='Jan 21 2008, 08:18 PM']For crying out loud - that's an ACM gig bag!! :huh: Is there no one on his course that could have a word[/quote]

:) They don't make 'em like they used to. But that [i]is[/i] ever so slightly embarassing considering the bass he's selling.

Also... one more little thing. The picture seems to me that it has a Just-A-Nut II, but the seller must have just copied a recent description as it refers to the JAN III. But now I'm just being nit-picky. lol

Edited by s_u_y_*

He could have explained a bit clearer that the tuner is sh*gged and that's the only way that you can string it! I've emailed him pointing out that a brand new tuner is £6 + P&P direct from Warwick.

A salutory warning to other sellers; replacing one duff tuner may well add more on to the value and get a lot more interested buyers

I messaged him. Here's what he said

[quote name='Stupid Ebayer' post='125486' date='Jan 22 2008, 03:06 PM']Thanks but this doesn't seem to be the case as even with the string off and the tuner been rewound plenty of times, after a few times going the other way (right way)it gets stiff then stuck.[/quote]

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='125555' date='Jan 22 2008, 04:52 PM']I emailed him yesterday and got exactly the same response. He must have a mailing list of people he's sending it out to that've pointed out his faux pas.[/quote]
He's revised the description now to say that.

Pricing's a bit optimistic innit?