Why become a member? ×

Cardiff Bass Day! UPDATE

cocco

Sorry Rich, it has to be that weekend for me otherwise I can't go :) Working weekends is the worst thing about being a Chef, however I will probably have a rather exciting Shuker by the time this rolls around :).

The plan is..... Im going to contact Dave Dearnley (local guitar/bass set up/repair/build master) about doing some sort of demo, as well as John Caulfield (local teacher) about doing some sort of demo/workshop and Burke Shelley (local bass player off of Budgie) about bringing his lovely P-bass, Travis Bean and himself along for a chat should he be in good enough shape to come down by then. If i even get one bite out of the 3 this should be a lovely day.

Also edited my first post for more info on the day so far.

[quote name='cocco' post='1097781' date='Jan 21 2011, 04:50 PM']Sorry Rich, it has to be that weekend for me otherwise I can't go :lol: Working weekends is the worst thing about being a Chef, however I will probably have a rather exciting Shuker by the time this rolls around :).

The plan is..... Im going to contact Dave Dearnley (local guitar/bass set up/repair/build master) about doing some sort of demo, as well as John Caulfield (local teacher) about doing some sort of demo/workshop and Burke Shelley (local bass player off of Budgie) about bringing his lovely P-bass, Travis Bean and himself along for a chat should he be in good enough shape to come down by then. If i even get one bite out of the 3 this should be a lovely day.

Also edited my first post for more info on the day so far.[/quote]

John teaches bass at my university and not long ago bought a wah pedal off me! would be great to get him down! With his lovely sei basses of course :)

Dan

[quote name='cocco' post='1097781' date='Jan 21 2011, 04:50 PM']Sorry Rich, it has to be that weekend for me otherwise I can't go :lol: Working weekends is the worst thing about being a Chef, however I will probably have a rather exciting Shuker by the time this rolls around :).

Also edited my first post for more info on the day so far.[/quote]
Bugger. Ah well, have a great time all! Plenty of pics plz :)

Ill make sure plenty of pics get taken for you Rich, I was gonna ask you which Charity Si would have donated the profit to, I was hoping to donate half of the profit to that and the other half to BC (if I make any).

In other news......... I just ordered a Shuker Headless single cut (yes the one off his stock page)!!!

[quote name='cocco' post='1088275' date='Jan 13 2011, 04:42 PM']Okay this is very much a reality now, I'll book it as soon as I know which day suits the most people the best, possible dates are sat 31st of april or sun 1st of may. I have dibs on both days at music box at the moment. The issue is the cost of 3 rooms for 5 hours, I'm imagining it will cost over £100 so I need 9 other definate attendees to come just to cover costs of the studio.[/quote]

To be honest I think you'll find it quite hard to get anywhere booked for the 31st April unless they add another day onto the calender :)

However I might be interested in driving from Swindon. Is there parking there ? I can bring my Jazz along which I've got for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=103487&hl=fmt"]HERE[/url] at the mo (shameless plug) if it's not sold by then and people can have a go with it.

I'll also bring along my Shuker and SVT6 Pro. I might also have my new Matamp 6x10 which I could bring along if people were interested in hearing it.

Edited by PURPOLARIS

[quote name='cocco' post='1101071' date='Jan 24 2011, 05:20 PM']Ill make sure plenty of pics get taken for you Rich, I was gonna ask you which Charity Si would have donated the profit to[/quote]
Thanks matey :)
Charity-wise, the Samaritans are a safe bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a definate !

The last Bass was a great time thanks to Si in no small part .

Im sure this one will be a fitting tribute , a good laugh and an opportunity to see some fantastic bits of kit too !

Ill pull a list of stuff together that I currently have nearer the date , depending on transport .

Cheers and Thanks for pulling another Bash together !

Gary
v8

I may be able to come.. Need to see if i can get time off of work. Sunday will be easier for me.

Gear i will be bringing.

Fender USA Deluxe Jazz V
Fender USA Deluxe Precision V

Might be able to bring my refinished Pedulla if its ready, though thats another gigbag to take on the train!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1119597' date='Feb 7 2011, 10:43 PM']I may be able to come.. Need to see if i can get time off of work. Sunday will be easier for me.

Gear i will be bringing.

Fender USA Deluxe Jazz V
Fender USA Deluxe Precision V

Might be able to bring my refinished Pedulla if its ready, though thats another gigbag to take on the train![/quote]

I can give you a lift - would be a same to miss out on the chance of have a Pedulla in the mix.

This is a bummer - I'd love to be there but will be attending mates wedding in Scotland that weekend.

Didn't Eltham Jones attend the last one - giving handy set up tips.

I say that as Eltham has just sorted out a problem with the bridge on my Nash 58 P-Bass.

I could ask if he's available ......if no-one knows him already that is !

Jan Akkerman playing the Globe in Cardiff on Sunday night (1st May) so could be one great day.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1133951' date='Feb 20 2011, 01:06 AM']Hehe, any chance of giving Mr_Foxen a lift as well? We were gonna take the train to Cardiff otherwise![/quote]
Yeah, no problem. It might mean we'll have to economise on the number of basses we bring - like a limit of 3 each or something!

I'm 99% definite for either day, but it is also Delivering-Offspring-To-University weekend (again!). This should be fixable to suit the owner/driver of the car :) but Offspring can sometimes be difficult!!

Fix a day and I'll start manipulating my family!!! :)