Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

Ok then, here's my beloved bass. 2011 Fender American Standard Precision, all stock except the pickguard (genuine Fender replacement), the strap buttons (Dunlop Dual Design) and the strings (Elixir).

Currently saving for another of the same in black/maple.

Edited by Evil Undead

So as promised, my latest P bass.(1968 Lollypop Tuners)
In the year 1968 a german female bass player, who was born in the UK bought this precision bass.
She did some Rock`n`Roll in the 70s and some Rockabilly also available on Vinyl in the 80s and some Blues Rock.
With getting an older lady, she wanted, a lighter more comfortable bass for her to play, So she bought a Steinberg paddle and this P bass
stayed well suited in an suitcase, sometimes played on sundays, when the bass lady has the desire for this special tone.
For nearly 20 years. Now the lady decided to sell her "old companion" as the bass is called by her and the bass found her way to my hands.
This bass is a holy grail and has everything what you ask for the best p bass you can imagine. the sound is so full and warm, so deep and rich of music,
with sustain for ages. I am in love

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1344280131' post='1762250']
In the year 1968 a german female bass player, who was born in the UK bought this precision bass.
She did some Rock`n`Roll in the 70s and some Rockabilly also available on Vinyl in the 80s and some Blues Rock.
With getting an older lady, she wanted, a lighter more comfortable bass for her to play, So she bought a Steinberg paddle and this P bass
stayed well suited in an suitcase, sometimes played on sundays, when the bass lady has the desire for this special tone.
For nearly 20 years. Now the lady decided to sell her "old companion" as the bass is called by her and the bass found her way to my hands.
This bass is a holy grail and has everything what you ask for the best p bass you can imagine. the sound is so full and warm, so deep and rich of music,

[/quote]

Totally beautiful !!!
I love the lollypop tuners

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1344280131' post='1762250']

[/quote]

Might seem a strange thing to say but this bass seems very grounded / solid and oozes "I can" in a subtle way. This is very attractive in people too!

I love this and can see why you are enthralled.

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1344290634' post='1762454']

Might seem a strange thing to say but this bass seems very grounded / solid and oozes "I can" in a subtle way. This is very attractive in people too!

[/quote]

Very well put !!
It was along the lines I was thinking but could not put it into words.

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1344290634' post='1762454']

I love this and can see why you are enthralled.
[/quote]

Interesting, the way you describe the bass, it is absolutely how the bass sounds.
If you choose this bass for a gig, you can absolutely trust that you can rely on her blindly.
This is like excalibur :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1344159729' post='1760435']
Lol, I'm glad I got that black / maple off you when I did :)
I suppose going the vintage route with the new one I can let you off.,, Please post the pics of it.
[/quote]

Yep, you lucked out there Don. Getting it this Thur, so should have pics up Fri.

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1344176352' post='1760706']
Ah Mel - I have seen these beautiful pics before. I think it was when you first got your pride and joy with us.

Simply gorgeous - I am so glad that you didn't part with this bass a few weeks ago.
[/quote]

I echo that Mel, great bass there.

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1344340006' post='1762984']
Interesting, the way you describe the bass, it is absolutely how the bass sounds.
If you choose this bass for a gig, you can absolutely trust that you can rely on her blindly.
This is like excalibur :)
[/quote]

It was just an absolute "yep, I know how this bass is" kind of thing. No way could a red jazz bass (not knocking jazz basses, I have one!) or a jaguar etc give the same feeling as this does. Mellowed, with strength and assurance. She is spectacular.

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1344355990' post='1763278']
Hey! I've just joined the ranks here too. So glad that I have. Very, very nice bass you have there.
[/quote]

I saw! Yours is a thing of beauty, it's a look that you can't fault. I understand the feeling completely, so much so that I think mine can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch now :D

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1344381555' post='1763846']
I saw! Yours is a thing of beauty, it's a look that you can't fault. I understand the feeling completely, so much so that I think mine can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch now :D
[/quote]

Why, thank you :) . Now what are you drinking? The first round is mine :lol:.

My basses are on permanent display in my living room not just because it makes them easier to get to when I feel like it but simply because I love to see them ... all the time.

I'm sure we can get a whip round for an inflatable mattress for you .. the sofa will be no good for your lower back :P

• 2 weeks later...